YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That depends on whether it is for a white witch or a black one
:confused: Sorry Darren that went straight over my head, please explain.

As for which BC, have you tried them both on?
I have a friend who has the seac and loves it, I've tried on the old style commando and found it very comfy but well chunky.
As with all things its a matter of personnal taste but I would look at the build, quality of the materials and the fit then choose the better of the two:)

·
246 Posts
A lot of people at our club use the commando, and even use them for twins, not that i would recommend this.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't know anything about the Seac one, but i love my buddy jacket (though i have an older explorer) - huge pockets and very comfortable, as well as being virtually indestructible, but they are bulky and heavy, so if you're planning on travelling it thats a consideration...

As with everyone else try them on - if possible in the water as thats the way to find out how they feel. If the buddy is the better fit i'd wait 2 weeks...

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
The seac is a lovely BCD I had one, but now I've moved onto a wing. The Seac is however very expensive, If you're open to a wing style BCD you may wish to look at a buddy tekwing Lite which is available from Kent Diving for £208
HTH
Simon A

·
YD's Caribbean Outpost
562 Posts
Out of interest, why are you limiting your choice to these 2 models? What kind of diving do you do? What do you think you will progress to?

It is always subjective, but there are plenty of other makes/models available, many cheaper than the SEAC, many with better characteristics than the Buddy...

Just playing devil's advocate.. :teeth:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just looking at these two because ive read some good reports on them
just doing normal sport diving at the moment
dont think ill progress to tech diving
prefer the warmer seas abroad
good point about the buddy being bulky would be looking to take it on holls
also looking at the oceanic wolf can get one locally for a good price any thoughts??

·
Worlds leading exponent of anal acoustics
487 Posts
Oi! thats my wifes hat.
Lee C

futures lookin so bright I gotta wear shades

·
Remember Member
514 Posts
The people I know who have them swear by the Pro 2000 but this is the older green version... I can honestly say that, believe it or not I don't know a single person with a Commando so can't really comment.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the buddy, only issue is the pockets sit high up and I cant actually use them when wearing the jacket, and I know others who have had the same problem.

However I am not know for my flexibility:frown:

Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I've seen and heard of a few more cases of the new style backpack on the commando not exactly being as robust as the old style.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts