YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

BCDs and Quorn

2K views 60 replies 22 participants last post by  Divemouse 
#1 · (Edited)
ignore me, i'm bored.

#17 ·
Well, that was kind of the point of my initial post. You know, wing-style bcd = veggie mince. Why buy a bcd if you want a wing? Why eat something that resembles the flesh of a dead animal if you don't like eating dead animals?

#33 ·
I've been round the Quorn factory (all the Quorn you eat has been through a bit of kit I make- well the flavourings anyway). I've been round a few food factories and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the Quorn one is the best I've ever been round- it's one massive fridge.

#52 ·
The first "BC" I bought was an Oceanic Shute 3 (a wing style BC) and I paid silly money for it at the 1st dive show I went to, I soon switched to a single wing and in turn to a BP and twins for most of my diving. With the tech wing on holiday in Gozo now I got my Shute out of storage and have used it several times this year for UK single cylinder dives and it works fine, well made piece of kit that does what it should. Maybe it's a bit of a hybrid and knowing what I do now it wouldn't be my 1st choice but I certainly wouldn't knock it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.