• Rolling Stones

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK... further to the Marmite post (mmmmmm....)  there's another topic which I find divides most people with the same extremity, (actually there's another topic as well but that's also food related so too similar):
Who do you prefer between these two bands?

for me it's the Beatles by a long long way  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Neither!!  Yee godz do such people exist!! Oh, ok then I'll see if i can edit it

Errm ok how do I change the poll options??

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Stones......just.....The little yellow pill beats the yellow submarine, I'm afraid.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>It's got to be the Beatles  - John Lennon is practically worshipped under my roof!

Unlike the Stones, at least Lennon and Harrison had the decency to stop performing once they'd died!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Dec. 04 2003,16:36)]OK... further to the Marmite post (mmmmmm....)  there's another topic which I find divides most people with the same extremity, (actually there's another topic as well but that's also food related so too similar):

Who do you prefer between these two bands?

for me it's the Beatles by a long long way  
That wouldn't be 'skonz' or 'skones' (phonetic pronunciations) would it Stevie?

On the two bands, straight off the bat it has to be the Beatles; though it's a toughie! The Beatles are by far the more technically accomplished band with tunes which live in the very blood and national psyche ('The Long and Winding Road', 'Hey Jude' etc.) whereas the Stones win in the kick-arse Bluesy Rock-n-Roll stakes.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Dec. 04 2003,17:09)]Unlike the Stones, at least Lennon and Harrison had the decency to stop performing once they'd died!
Outstanding Mr Davies!

Bit like George Harrison's retort to a question from a music journo when he was asked (post 1980) whether the Beatles were ever likely to reform or record together again:

Harrison: "No. At least not whilst John's dead...."

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (skener @ Dec. 04 2003,17:23)]neither both crap in my veiw prefer a bit of meatloaf any day
Unfortunately the second half of this statement doesn't live up to the first  

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>As someone once said about someone else

'I wouldn't open my curtains to watch 'em if they were playing in the back garden'

or words to that effect

paul

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Its the beatles every time. Ok, Wild Horses was good, but what have the Stones done that compares with Revolution, Back In the USSR, Why Don't We Do It In the Road and While my Guitar Gently Weeps?

Come on chaps, be serious!!!!

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Mother Nature's Son, Across the Universe, Fool on the hill.  We could go on forever but I have the power to delete.  HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Well i went for the Stones but it was sooooooo close. But i do listen to them more now than the Beatles.

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Tough choice, but l'd have to say the Beatles, but by a tiny margin.
Having said that my all time Fav record is Paint it Black by the Stones.

The theme tune to tour of duty, remember that? LT and  Zeik.

l can't imagine swooping down in a helicopter all guns blazing to....................the beatles........'she luvs you yer yer yer' or 'all you need is love'

Their seems to be some crazy threads about at the moment, originated during normal working hours  
  some of you need to do real jobs.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skener @ Dec. 04 2003,17:23)]neither both crap in my veiw prefer a bit of meatloaf any day
Come on Skener mate! I know personal choice and all that, but fair-go: Meatloaf over The Beatles?? It's like saying that Damien Hurst or Tracey Emin (she of 'Unmade Bed in Unmade Bedroom' fame) are in any way associated with art or have anything of value to add to the sum of humankind!!

You remember Hurst - he's the artiste (and alleged 'enfant terrible') who tried and succeeded to persuade the 'critics' (hereinafter referred to as 'A Ready and Eager Bunch of Effete Liberal Arts Pseuds - or 'Lovies', for short) that 'Half a Calf in Formaldehyde' and its sister 'productions' in any way warranted any meritous scrutiny short of a cursory butcher's.

He also tried, and, indeed, pulled-off (some might say that at which he is best) to persuade anyone who might be passing that arranging a number of medicine bottles in a cabinet, too, was 'art' - but hey, if folk are gullible enough........

Brian Sewell rocks!!  

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

I'm with DD on this one.  I would say the beatles if it were not for paint it black which steals the show for the stones.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Being a young pup - although to Digger I'm seen as an old Geezer I must admit that I prefer the Stones. Having said that the lovely Dawn prefers the Beatles. Brian's guitars on little red rooster have me all of a quiver.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

I'm with Matt on the 'both' category.  We played Beatles numbers at clubs and weddings, which always went down well.  Stones numbers were usualy well receptive in pubs.

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

Seen the Stones twice in concert and they are fantastic and get my vote. Never really got into the beatles. Should have been at Meatloaf last Sat, but he had to cancel it
Going to see Iron Maiden tonight and then diving Coniston (Bailiff wood) tomorrow morning. Top weekend!

Ali """:)))

1 - 20 of 20 Posts