YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Dear all,

I'm finally getting rid off my Mares Vector Chrome which is too big for me, and was thinking about replacing it with the Beaver. I'd love to replace it with a Halcyon wing (Before you pipe up Ammers) but can't afford the £150 difference and can't due to my Divemaster course.... So

Does anyone have any comments, views or experience with the above as Beaver's own website is about as much use as a liquorice aqualung and only states -

"PEGASUS WINGS BCD - BC PEG
Heavy-duty dual-bladder “wings” style B.C.D. made from 1100 denier cordura material, with quick-release straps and reflective panels. Comes complete with extra-long integrated power inflator & hose, rear and shoulder dump valves, padded integral backpack, ten stainless steel accessory attachments, four large front pockets and cummerbund pocket.
SIZES: XS, S, M, L, XL

R.R.P. £ 325.00"

Dual-bladder? I don't think it means redundant but is merely that they have split the bladder in two on the back and still feed off the one inflator which I can see no advantage to....

Also, does anyone know if it can be mated to a Buddy Redwing in case I decide to twin up? And what is the maximum rating for the BCD? Twin 10's, 12's or single only?

Thanks all....
Related link: Beaver Sports BCD Page : <a href="http://www.beaversports.co.uk/catalogue/bcds/bcds.htm

" target="_blank">http://www.beaversports.co.uk/catalogue/bcds/bcds.htm

</a>

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Well, according to the AP valves website, "The Redwing is fully compatible with the complete range of BUDDY jackets" -doesn't say anything about any OTHER jackets, but what the ####, a camband is a camband, you could probably get away with it...

You DO realise that you could get a full-on backplate, harness, and wing setup for less than the price of this BCD, I assume..? A £150 Buddy Redwing, a £40 Combro steel backplate, and a length of webbing from any dive shop, and for £200 you're ready to go, and ready for twins as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts