YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have and not long been back from a couple of good dives.

1st to 26m, stong current so fairly short as buddy ripped through the his air (thats waht smoking does for you!)

2nd to 12m then a bimble in the shallows.

Vis - about 15m

water temp - min 34 C  That's right fols a very pleasant 34 C.  T-shirts and shorts time.

Just wanted to share this with you.

Cheers,  John

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>1st dive to 36 vis 30metres + for 62 minutes
2nd dive to 22 vis about the same  66 minutes
Watertemps 25 C
Did have a semidry because of the divetimes.

Regards
Michael
Ps Saw a large Stingray loads of hunting Jacks two ocipussys, Sardines and a lot of other small stuff. A normal day at the office I`d say.:p

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Dived last evening. Straight down a wall to max 36 m to see the wreck of a Russian 19th C warship. Vis 1 m at the most. Couldn't find the wreck. Temp at depth 12°C. Saw a lobster, lots of crabs and various fish on the way up. Computer went into deco (1 min at 3 m) for a while. Total dive time 50 min.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Stuck on a building site all day.
Temp 30+ deg. Visibility approx 2m. Saw one greater-spotted builder's crack. Dived into a bacon sarnie about lunchtime.
Had 2hrs of stops at my local on the way home.
Just done a bit of off-gassing. The missus isn't pleased.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahh

We were doing boat safety for a kids fishing match off Herne Bay. Thought about a dive on the old pier head but 1 inch vis put us off, stuck to letting kids drive the rhibs.

We will be out of Dover for the rest of the weekend though.

Ho Hum

Each to his own.

Regards

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh         Viz 8 mts, hw + 4 on the LOANDA.

See ya over the weekend Paul.

Andy

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Well it's now tomorrow as far as the subject is concerned but yeah, I was out yesterday.
First ever solo dive (tut tut tut...) St Mary's Island, max 10.4m, one hour dive time. Went in just after LW (about 8.15) during the dive saw all the nocturnal creatures stirring. Very very peacfeul and relaxing not having to keep looking out for a buddy, also seemed to have lower gas consumption. Must admit though, don't think I'd do a whole lot of solo stuff as, like many things in life, it's much more fun to share the experience with someone else.
Chee-az
Steve

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

OHHHHHHHH    Steve

Have you now joint the ELITE SOLO DIVERS CLUB ?

It's living proof that if you dive solo,your air does last longer.

UNLESS you did this.

I had to have a numptie tag along with me the other day, NOW i knew that i had 240 bar in a 1.5   50% but was doing a little dive at 23 meters, BUT this so called buddy had turned on my pony, and sucked the contents dry, whilst i was in a hole. and YES he did get a slap once on the surface.

Andy

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just got out the water and got a nice bag of Limpits for dindin`s Life is not all bad.

Have to go back in in an hour or so.....

Michael

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I didn't know people ate them. How do you get them off the rocks? What do you do with them?

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Just got back,,,, water 19 o'c viz 12 mts .,............. am still not sure i was diving in the Dover Straits.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

And tomorrow I shall enjoy the joys of stoney,

You're all envious I can tell.

whilst being a boil in the bag having lent my semi to a friend (not a gross as I sounds, some of us don't pee in them but if you do, I have a friend with some cream which'll clear it right up!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts