YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,
      I have been on the board for a while now but have only just had time for a proper nose around....so I thought I would introduce myself.

I have been diving for over 20 years - boy and well, older boy. Started in the UK at Uni and never really stopped, even when I left and joined the real world. I am now a BSAC Advanced diver, Open Water Instructor and Chairman of the local Branch for my sins.

I dive every weekend in the Indian Ocean....I moved to Oman six years ago and have no plans of going else where at the moment. It was here that I met Mr Bren T whilst he was on hols.

You will find me not to opinionated about diving as I believe we all do it to enjoy it even if we do it in differing ways.

So dive and enjoy.

Neil

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hi NeilB, wwelcome to the forum from another newbie!!!!!

I rreally like opinionated people (me too), lets have a heated debate:p

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Neil mate!

Spent the last 11 days not too far from where you are in Muscat - the weather was a glorious "Going where the weather suits my clothes" 38'C; still not a patch on the 46'C (and water 36'C) we enjoyed with you
Back home for today and am off again tomorrow.

Glad to see you came out of the shadows.

Neil's being characteristically modest here people - he's got a killer sense of humour and had me and Fi on our arses when we spent two weeks with him and his family (love to Irene and the boys squire!) a coupla years back.

For those who haven't yet considered it, I can recommend the diving in Oman!! And if you happen to bump into Neil in-country, then you're in for a fun evening!

Take it easy mate, good to have you onboard.

[EDIT]: Just remembered - Neil has some of the best buoyancy control I've seen on any diver; he's also no mean underwater cameraman! I saw these skills combined as he was going in very close to film micro stuff - the results of which he was kind enough to transfer onto a VHS tape, cut it all the way through will highly appropriate 'mood-music' and thenh gave it to me! If anyone wants to borrow said results, then let me know, you'll be pleased ya did.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Neil,

Welcome aboard.  The Indian Ocean eh,  you lucky lucky bugger.  So, what's it like then - apart from big and wet.

Tim

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I'm guessing at warm and sunny

Hi Neil, welcome to the boards

Mary

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi Neil, nice to see you on these boards, too. You'll find it's a very friendly place. Although we do have heated arguments at times, people have less tendency to think they are infallible here than on Divernet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hi Neil, nice to see you on these boards, too. You'll find it's a very friendly place. Although we do have heated arguments at times, people have less tendency to think they are infallible here than on Divernet.

I used to be infallible, now im just perfect!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts