YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I was idly browsing the web, trying to find somewhere different within two hours of Wigan, when I found a trip run by Lunesdale dive club to Beesly Falls.

The posting says   "An interesting energetic river dive in two parts - 1st pot @4m, 2nd @14m. All grades"

I have dived Devils Bridge, and several sites in Lakes, so was intrigued.

But I cant find anything about it anywhere else on net.
As the trip was late November, must be diveable in Winter, wherever it is.

Any body any idea ?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Done this dive a couple of times a few years ago now not dived it recently.  From what I recall it consists of a couple of basin like pools flowing straight into each other. Can't recall the max depth being more than 10m.  After periods of heavy rain the currents are very strong in the pools,( i dived it in summer low water conditions and it was pretty strong) theres a waterfall at the head of one pool and a whirlpool type thing.
I wouldn't recommend it for All grades.  

With the right conditions if you do fancy a visit PM me and i'll give you the directions from a dive book I have.

Tony

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>now I am REALLY confused, i dont know wherer Beesly Falls or High Force is/are.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

To clarify Beesley Falls is just off the A65 out of Ingleton N.Yorkshire High Force heard of it but don't know the location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts