YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello to ya all!just registered in on your Y/Divers web site
i'm not one for blowing my own trumpet(not aloud anyway)Been diving since Bsac 3rd class, updated about 5 years ago ,Padi adv diver ,...Must tell ya i'm known as the grim reaper in a well known caving club, but don't let that worry you , just near misses i think they call em....look after yourselves .............Martyn...........

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Martz,

Just read your profile mate - welcome aboard, you'll find plenty of kindred spirits here in the Compressor, engineering and deep/tech stuff mate.

Look forward to reading your posts and replies to questions. Don't be afraid to suggest a dive site or venue for a group meet and feel free to get involved mate.

Welcome again.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the club mate.

After reading Brens post I also went to read your profile, you could make for some interesting post dive chats, look forward to meeting up

regards
Dave.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome!  Good to have you with us, and look forward to reading your posts.  Dive safely.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Mmmn anything mechanical/electrical eh?

Fantastic - can you mend my toaster?

Just kidding  - welcome aboard.

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Wheeyhey BSAC 3rd class.That was in the days before their "revisions" which seems to be make it easier,no turning off of air and pulling off of masks,which if you then bottled it and headed for the surface resulted in a boll**king from the DO.We like people wearing hob nailed boots and carbide lamps on here (well I do).Take care,Hobby.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Martz, old bsac system eh? reckon you've found it's all changed a bit since then,  think you'll find a couple of other cave oriented folk around the boards
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

thanks for the welcome's .......much appreciated.....all the best

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Hi there Martz.  Sounds like theres gonna be some good post dive banter from you then.  Grim Reaper eh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

hi andy ...how's life in dewsbury...i used to live quite close to there ,but moved earlier this year(wished i hadn't
now mind ya,anyway its not a permanent address i'm at the moment so anything could happen)..yes i was christened grim reaper only last year.there were a couple of incidents...
not directly related to me,i was just there when they occured.....1 > caving party overcome by high levels of carbon dioxide.(air content analysed 15% oxygen on a
subsequent occasion )felt like you couldn't get a proper
breath ,no matter how much you breathed in.....
            2 > caving party trapped by rising flood water
we new there was a by-pass ,but no one new exactly where it was.a fair few collars were heating up that day i can tell ya.it was eventually found via a ####!ish tight crawl & an escape made....

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

when you say a tight crawl, how tight?  was it a gear off scenario?  do cavers train for that?

and how near to dewsbury where you?

andyh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

hi andy ,,used to live in halifax....if you see somebody up front taking there helmet off ,shortly followed by there battery belt....ya can assume its there's a tight bit not so far away...there's no training as far as i know...thee either fits or ya don't....real tight is...breathing out before you can get "movin agin"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts