YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello y'awl
I've been reading and using the site for ages so I thought I'd better post. Along with Nige waller I've been on a couple of dives with some of you- soup diving in Anglesey in Feb and last june in Stabbs. I try to get wet as much as poss, most of my diving has been at Stoney or Cornwall. On monday (26/04) I will be diving in Capernwray. I've not been there before is it any good ??
See you sometime
G

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Imported post

Hi Graham, Capernwray diving, erm erm erm, ok its not a bad dive site, my problem is I've been there too much! The viz can get a bit crappy after the weekend, but its not too bad generally. The far side of the quarry is usually clear, over near the gnome garden, there is a new diving bell in that area too, worth a pootle over and keep your eye out for the sturgeon they have put in. I aint seen it yet - but its about 4-6 ft long apparently!

Enjoy ya visit

ian

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hi Ian, Cheers mate, as i said I've never been but I am meeting a buddy there who has. Its a rehersal and kit check really. i'm off to cork in June diving with Aquaventures from Baltimore, I'm looking forward to that, diving on a U-Boat apparently.
G

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi Graham
Welcome to YD, capern Wray is ok for training dives, kit checks etc but it's a mucky puddle like all inland dive sites and will never be anything like the real thing, diving in the sea. Still the mars rice crispie things in the cafe are great for a total sugar hit!

hope to see you on a yd gig soon

jules:D

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Graham,

Welcome to YD!

Capernwray is ideal for kit and buoyancy checks etc, is well catered for in both the feed and car parking department and is big enough to accommodate a lot of divers, so you can always find a spot out of the way - it's got plenty of attractions in it too by way of wrecks and SCUBA 'objects d'art'.

Get yourself on another dive with us soon - and bring Nige with you!!

Enjoy and dive safe.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Graham

Glad you decided to join in, it's more fun than watching -unless it's a lesbian love fest.

James  

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AirAssisted @ April 21 2004,18:40)]I aint seen it yet - but its about 4-6 ft long apparently!
Then its grown at a helluva rate since the new year.  Mark Davies and I saw it over by the gnome garden and I'm sure it was about 8".  Must be all that fish food people keep taking in.  

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Imported post

lol I'm only going off what I was told in the shop! On the subject of feeding the fish - make sure you wear gloves, last year I fed em during a warm dive and got my hand bitten!! and yes blood does look green underwater.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

thanks chaps (and chapess) it looks like anywhere is good as long as its wet !!
Bren, I'll try and get Nige in but I think he's turning into a girly warm water diver what with all these fancy trips to Cuba and Maldives etc. Freezing cold British water is best, it's character building..

G

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome, nice to have you with us.  Another newbie - keep them coming!  Enjoy.  Dive safely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts