YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

We were just wondering what your favourite Dive Computer is?

We are always looking to give people great prices on the products they want the most. All feedback is appreciated.

We have the Suunto D4i in stock now.

·
Sorry for being a dick
1,757 Posts
I'm waiting for pricing info on the computer versions of the xDeep Black to come out. Interesting in either that or an OSTC.

·
Devout Sceptic
4,726 Posts
Well, I've got the Scubapro/Uwatec/Aladin 2G.

It just works.

See quite a few of them out and about and not heard a bad word.

·
Devout Sceptic
4,726 Posts
Best thing about these OLED units is you can read them from about 10m away. They're ace.
Great for the older diver then :)

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Petrel
Knocks OSTC into .....

Nice bit of kit whatever

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

·
Lighting me up!
660 Posts
I've got an OSTC and it's the dog's bollox. Would I sell it and get a Petrel? No. Would I buy a Petrel over an OSTC if I was in the market? Possibly, if I had the extra dosh burning a hole in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yeas, it was easy when the base Shearwater cost almost twice as much. I'd be torn now between the OSTC (I currently have a 2n) and a Petrel. Both lovely devices and I'd be happy with either.

So back to the OP, I'm guessing Shearwater or HW is the answer. Suuntos are fine for most diving, but for me, it's got to be the larger units. The watch-style ones are fine for posing and looking flash but it's a dive computer and no one looks flash coming out of the water post-dive with snot dribbling down their faces!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts