YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a lazy mood and fancy a lie in instead of getting up at 0545 every workday morning.

Part of my time saving routine currently is to have a shave at work but it's not very professional....and the smokers might start complaining that I get the same breaks as them! :D

Anyway, I've decided to buy an electric shaver and am looking for recommendations. I have had Phillishaves before and whilst they do the job I still feel that they only just do it and I can't use them every day as I end up with quite a sore face. My stubble growth is such that I have to shave every day or it shows.

I figure that I can drive to work whilst answering my emails, taking those all important calls, drinking my coffee, eating my cornflakes and shaving.....who said only women could multitask :D

Anyway....any Electric Shaver recommendations??? Cost is not a great issue.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I thought about one but TBH I can wet shave in as little time as an electric one.

Shower, get face warm and soft (I can but try), wack on some Alpha Shaving Gel, Gillette Excel, 1 minute maximum spent shaving. Closer than I have ever had from an electric razor in that time.

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
HWMNBO swore by his Remmington if that's any help - oh, and it would have been the most expensive one (gadget man).

These days though he has gone back to wet shaving, and I now have to wax :frown:

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate that I'm not going to get wet shave quality with an electric razor but I'm looking to get the best shave possible that won't have me in intensive care with 3rd degree friction burns.

Wet shaving isn't an option (usually I'm so out of it in the morning that I'm half way to work before I realise I've not shaved, my shirt's on inside out and my trousers are on back to front)!!!!

Cheers for the helpful comments thus far though.

·
Banned
1,601 Posts
I was umming and ahhing for years about buying a 'leccy shaver, problem is it's an expensive buy to see if you like it or not. After a tour overseas with a £10 phillips battery razor, the second thing I did when I got home was buy a Philips Philishave HQ8170 Speed XL

Should have done it years ago, and your skin adapts making it an excellent shave. (has to be good otherwise we'd get [email protected] at work!!)

Hope that helps
Regards
Chris/z
:)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
A better alarm clock to get up earlier ;)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A better alarm clock to get up earlier ;)
0545 is quite early enough thanks when I don't normally get to bed before midnight because of all the things that need to be done once the kids are in bed! :p

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Wet shaving isn't an option (usually I'm so out of it in the morning that I'm half way to work before I realise I've not shaved, my shirt's on inside out and my trousers are on back to front)!!!!
Upon waking, down a can of Red Bull (or equivalent) and you will be much more awake, alert and able to cope with your morning routine :)

Sorry, can't help with the electric razor though.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
I thought about one but TBH I can wet shave in as little time as an electric one.

Shower, get face warm and soft (I can but try), wack on some Alpha Shaving Gel, Gillette Excel, 1 minute maximum spent shaving.
Is that how long it takes howard to shave you:redface:
Mind you he has to iron the Times for you first:teeth:

Your face will get use to an electric one after about a month, so get a good quality one and some Nivea for men Sensitive post shave moisturiser and you'll have ladies falling at you feet before you know it.

Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same issue, or similar, getting up early and trying to cut down on time shaving.

I spent ages trying to decide on the one to go for.

In the end I was in Boots and they had an offer on a Philishave coolskin model that works in the shower and squirts cooling cream all over your face during the process (oo err!).

It took about three weeks for my face to adjust, and I can't use the coolskin gel as it gives me burn, but the standard cream is excellent.

One of the reasons I went with it was that they were offering a money back deal if you didn't like it, so no real risk.

It is excellent and i would argue that given the same amount of effort you would put into wet shaving you get as good results.

Link to Argos (can't find it in Boots's website) Shop for Philishave Coolskin HQ7782 Rotary Shaver. at Argos.co.uk

And Philips site.... Cool Skin - Demo

ATB

Andy

·
Team Tricky: Diving with Twins
3,004 Posts
Drop tootricky a line - he might be able to do you a deal on a Braun electric razor ;)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
I have the perfect solution to your dillema Scuttler. stop shaving. I have a very short beard trim it twice a week with a shower proof trimmer to keep it neat, and the ladies love it... pm for reasons :embarassed: lol

Pete

1 - 20 of 26 Posts