YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Right-o, following on from Snash's request for a leave of absence from the Stoney Cove gig on 21st Feb, I figured we should find out who has the best excuse for missing what will probably be the YD "gig-of-the-year".

Sadly, my excuse is piss poor, since I will be doing my Instructor Foundation Course that weekend.

Can anyone beat Snash's excuse?

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

I wish to be excused from the Stoney gig on the 21st Feb.
This is because I'll be in Weymouth having my drysuit fitting for delivery approx. 10 days later.
This drysuit was ordered on the 16th Nov. and this is the earliest date available!!!
I would hire one, but I cant find one to hire that I can fit into.
(The one I did my drysuit course in was so tight I couldn't wear the undersuit under it!)

I apologise in advance for this lame excuse.

Simon A

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

I'll be stuck on a plane returning from hols in the States.  Worst of all, it's a family holiday so I've been specifically told 'NO DIVING'.   Bloody bloody bloody.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I live 400 miles away and don't have a car! 'Tis a long walk.

Peter

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Piss poor, the lot of you;

(1) Dan - do the course at Stoney
(2) Simon - you don't have to dive, just come for the beer and get the suit fitted another day
(3) Rob - get an earlier flight
(4) Peter - public transport

See? No excuses!  

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Jan. 07 2004,20:02)]I live 400 miles away and don't have a car! 'Tis a long walk.

Peter
Well you've enough notice, you could start now

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>No transport just isn't an excuse, Porg's coming and she lives in deepest darkest northumberland and is coming on public transport

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Rob - get an earlier flight
Yeah right. The Management gives me enough earache about disappearing off on dive trips as it is.
I could cut the hol short I suppose, but I'd be a little uncomfortable at the Gig......on account of having had my bollocks ripped off

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Jan. 07 2004,20:15)]No transport just isn't an excuse, Porg's coming and she lives in deepest darkest northumberland and is coming on public transport
In all fairness, Porg's off her trolley though.

I have looked into it and I'd need to go via Glasgow-Edinburgh-Newcastle and that's kinda when I gave put it into the "F**k that for a game of soldiers" filing cabinet.

If any of the Edinbores are going down I'll try and hitch a lift with them as I'd be coming sans kit anyway.
Any volunteers?

Peter

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Jan. 07 2004,20:08)](2) Simon - you don't have to dive, just come for the beer and get the suit fitted another day
See? No excuses!  
I need to dive therefore I need to have the drysuit ASAP.
Also  she who must be obeyed is having her Drysuit fitted that day as well! (and she has bigger/more/sharper knives than I do)
If the fitting ends early enough the plan is to drive from Weymouth to Stoney and then onwards (I may even be persuaded to dive wet at Stoney).

Simon A

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Chaps - Don't let mark bully you!  Stand by your excuses!

dan (wondering if he should try and change the date of his course....)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Crudity ALERT!!!

On phoning in to cancel a dive for your wife/girlfriend at short notice - i.e. on the morning of the planned dive:

You: "Err, hello, yes, erm, I'm just calling in on behalf of [insert name here], well uummmm yes, she won't be ooy-yeah turning up for the dive today, I'm sorry. Sorry about the, ooooh, late notice."

Dive Marshall/Trip Organiser: "Oh, sorry to hear that. Is she there for a quick word?"

You: "Errr, oooohhh, no, I'm sorry, she can't speak at the moment..........she's got my d*ck in her mouth............."

Phone: 'CLICK'

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Imported post

I'll be on a plane to Oz, for a weeks diving in the Coral Sea.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Stoney Cove on a weekend?
F*** that!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Shame there Dr Stevil....

Was going to see if you and Porg (or PK.) wanted to car-share (and drive-share) our way down there......

Oh well....

My excuse - it's their fault!  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Jan. 08 2004,14:40)]Well my excuse is that Paul Oliver and I have a pact to be the only people in BSAC never to dive Stoney Cove
Yeah but Paul dives at Laybourn Lakes and that is punishment enopugh for any diver.

My excuse for not going is I hate Stony.

That said i will probably go anyway.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Jan. 08 2004,14:40)]Well my excuse is that Paul Oliver and I have a pact to be the only people in BSAC never to dive Stoney Cove
I didn't know there was such a pact. Looks like I'm about to help you keep that pact.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Guys,

I think the whole point of the Stoney gig is two-fold: to dive and party and to just party - whether you dive or not!

So those dyed-in-the-wool 'Rather Die Than Dive Stoney' wallahs can hook-up with a boat-load of YD'ers they've never met before and party - in or out of the water!

Arrive and don't dive! Arrive and dive! Your call, as long as you arrive! Remember also that there should be no mean bash going on in the evening AFTER the group-wet!!

If it makes ya feel better (those avid 'never dive here' dudes), then merely stand at the water's edge, survey a piece of water that is three times the size of Capernwray and flick the 'V's at it!! Job done. But at least party with us, FFS!

"I'll see you on the beach!"  

1 - 20 of 41 Posts