YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here given a best mans speech or even been to a few weddings recently that wouldn't mind having a read of mine and giving opinions i've asked friends that won't be there on the day and they've said it's good but i know their sense of humour is similar to mine however i don't really know the brides parents and would hate to cause offense etc. Knowing there is a broad range of people on here i thought your opinions may help. I can't post it on the forum in case the groom a known lurker occasionally reads it. pm email addys and i'll send as an attachment.

Greens for the nice comments:teeth:

·
Life is rushing past!
1,206 Posts
I had to do a speech a couple of years ago and managed to get the humour just about right, I'll have a look for you if you want.

·
Tinkering and a plethora of other pursuits...
881 Posts
Been there... There are a few lines best avoided, such as the classic "I'm a bit confused about their honeymoon: I thought they were going to Barbados but he (the groom) told me that as soon as todays over, he's going to Bangor for 7days"... Never seems to impress the bride's folks!!!

If you want another opinion, after reading the above, feel free to PM!
S.

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there... There are a few lines best avoided, such as the classic "I'm a bit confused about their honeymoon: I thought they were going to Barbados but he (the groom) told me that as soon as todays over, he's going to Bangor for 7days"... Never seems to impress the bride's folks!!!

If you want another opinion, after reading the above, feel free to PM!
S.
Thats just ruined my best line then:embarassed:

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cnut:embarassed: :teeth: :teeth:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts