YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This is my first thread and I am looking to book a diving holiday, which I will be a lone traveller. I am very open minded as to where it is, as long as it's not in the middle of nowhere, with a little bit of entertainment so I don't get bored. I am a beginner with only a Padi open water diver qualification that I gained 3 years ago in Mexico. All suggestions would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
The UK..... plenty of shores about, will cost you the price of a tank fill..... assuming you have all the other requisite bits...

If you have not dived for three years I would strongly suggest a bit of a refresher course...

There are some good deals on in Egypt at the moment, Sharm is gagging for tourists

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
what time of year are you going?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Get a last minute deal on a liveaboard in the Red Sea. You will get the cheapest cost per dive of anywhere in the world.

Total package could be as cheap as £600 (including flights, transfers, and accommodation, obviously) for boats leaving in the next week, as a lone traveller you will probably find yourself with a room-mate in a twin room, not to worry because most will be very similar to you - divers who are there to enjoy.

During the week you will be able to clock up 24 hours underwater if you do every single of the 24-25 dives available, which works out at £24 per dive all in - no additional travel costs, food costs, overnight stays etc.

Worth getting your AOW sorted in the first day or two of the trip, otherwise you will be fairly restricted in what you can do. Most boats offer this through the guides, who are normally PADI instructors as well.

Good companies for this kind of trip - Blue O Two or Scuba Diving Holidays | Scuba Travel

Digs.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Holland. Everyone speaks English, there is LOTS of inland diving and some great coastal dives and 99% of it is free.
Ferry from Dover is about £80 return. Drive up through France and Belguim in just 2 hours. (The only bad bit)
Camp at States Forest sites which are very cheap and well equiped.
Entertainment.....well hookers and drugs. Oh yeah, and the missus says lots of live entertainment in the summer months(free also)
Now that is great value.

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Hi

This is my first thread and I am looking to book a diving holiday, which I will be a lone traveller. I am very open minded as to where it is, as long as it's not in the middle of nowhere, with a little bit of entertainment so I don't get bored. I am a beginner with only a Padi open water diver qualification that I gained 3 years ago in Mexico. All suggestions would be very appreciated.

Eilat in the red sea, the diving is very cheap around £6 per dive with all equipment if you book dives in groups, i have never been to a place that charged so little.

·
Registered
841 Posts
hello ****
blue 0 two has very good liverboard deals for the next 2 mouths
or how about swanage some nice shallow boat dives mostly drifts and under the peir with is very shallow to start with
divers down on the peir does air and kit hire and has 2 hard boats
swanage boat charters has 2 more boats
and there is **** an instructor who's based there
good luck adrian

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Egypt has never been so cheap.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I dived Coron, Phillipines about 6 years ago and I'm sure the individual dives were around $11 or $17 (one of the two anyway). I think that's the cheapest diving I've ever done. Of course the expense lies with getting there:embarassed:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lone travelling in asia is awesome,gulf of thailand has a great vibe,accomadation and food is as cheap as you want to pay
Ok better diving elsewhere but as an almost beginner you will still enjoy
Bali has better diving though slightly more challanging but mega cheap to eat and sleep with lots to do and see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts