YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to be recommended a good dive centre in sharm, relaxed with a not too commercial atmosphere

Many thanks

Rupert

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks londonsean, not too sure on location, it's for a friend, and I suppose the dive centre is key to the location they stay,

As he and his wife would be doing there open water

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Thanks londonsean, not too sure on location, it's for a friend, and I suppose the dive centre is key to the location they stay,

As he and his wife would be doing there open water
I've just asked about this, give Jim Dowling a shout he's out there

·
Instructor at Werner Lau Tek, Sharm
708 Posts
Diving is big business in Sharm, so most operations are pretty commercial!
The major centers are Camel, Emperor, Sinai Divers, Ocean College, Red Sea College and Werner Lau. All are professional, have high standards and use their own boats. They're all based in and around the Naama Bay area, and most have other branchs slightly out of town.
Sharks Bay Umbi is up near the airport and is a bit 'away from it all', it's friendly and relaxed, and they have their own jetty and boats.
Most of the diving here is done from day boats. There are loads of smaller dive centers, some are practically one man bands. With these you're more likely to be sharing the boat with other dive operators and their guests.
Almost every hotel has a dive center on site, so it might be worth seeing who is operating it. On the other hand, all of the big centers will pick-up and return you to your hotel for free.
Depends on where you're staying really, and what diving you want to do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help there jim

I also get the feeling it's still quiet out there at the moment compared to last year and the shark scares?

And theres some good deals about for diving

1 - 7 of 7 Posts