YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've sold my Aerdura and need to send it off to the guy, I just wondered if anyone knew of the easiest and most economical way of doing it... say Parcelforce or Royal Mail or anything else... I don't have a clue what it should cost or what are the implications of it being lost/damaged during transit etc..

Thanks in advance for any advice..
regards
Dave.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

I would be inclinded to try a courier - ParcelForce IMHO as a waste of time and space. Last year I asked my folks to send my semi out to me in Turkey - I waited about 4 months, checked with the local post office (not good!) and at the UK end and nobody knew where the #### it was..... it certainly never made it out to me.

ParcelForce said something along the lines of 'the service we give is nothing like a courier - you would have been just as well dropping it off in a post box!!' - whats that all about?

However, they did finally pay about £130 compensation which I bought a new suit with and guess what ... after 6 months abroad the #### thing arrived back at my UK address undelivered - bit of a result really !!

Get it insured whatever you do though..

Paul

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

parcel force do a special delivery, next day or so, insured and much cheaper than a courier

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

i must be lucky, coz i send a lot of stuff by post, it is all insured thou

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

The post office quoted me £18 yesterday, I assume that was Parcel force and insured as the guy wanted to know how much it was worth, about £200. Didnt feel that was a particularly good deal, as I had been quoted £30 to repair and return. I asked the repairers who they use, but I am still waiting for a reply. I will advise if I find out anything usefull. Or perhaps if you guys know a cheaper way you can let me know.
Matt

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

well call a courier if you want a laugh

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Dave
if you are going to Anglesey or meeting up with a YDer at LIDS perhaps a hand over could be arranged, where does the guy live that you need to get this suit to.
Matt

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

It's got to go darn sarf and unfortunately the guys not a YDer... not yet anyway... ;)

p.s. thanks for the advice so far peeps, I think I'll just get it boxed up and have a wander over to the postoffice, if the price seems overboard I'll then look elsewhere, cheers
Dave.

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Dave
is it not possible to hand it to a Shandy drinker on the 8/9 weekend and they pass it on, whereabouts darn sarf me old cock sparra.
Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts