YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

John,

Tried the mitts out for real on Sat (41 mtrs on the Quayle out of Brighton) and my hands were warm and toasty all through the dive.

Even after a longish cold deco stop (dumped ALL air from my dry suit to hold at 3 mtrs with nearly empty cylinders) I was shivering but my hands were OK.

Ta v/much for you effort in ordering and sending them over to me.

Hope to see you at LIDS.

Rgds
Bryan

ps : We had 10 mtrs viz - IN THE ENGLISH CHANNEL - bloody marvellous.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Great, Bryan! I'm glad you like the mitts. If anybody else wants a pair, the offer still stands (£25 including postage). Mary: I should have yours in the post by the end of the week (today and tomorrow are bank holidays here in Sweden).

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

41M? ? ?  No wonder your hands were warm, you were digging them into the silt matey.

Cheers
Rob 39.9M, also warm hands in O'Three mitts.  What a splendid idea, no more dry gloves for me.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Jan. 05 2004,11:39)]41M? ? ?  No wonder your hands were warm, you were digging them into the silt matey.

Cheers
Rob 39.9M, also warm hands in O'Three mitts.  What a splendid idea, no more dry gloves for me.
I can not believe you did not get deeper than me - have a look at my reply on Wreck Divers rebreather post!!!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Ah well you see I'm comfortable with my manhood - never mind the depth, get a load of the length!
And for once the breather behaved perfectly whilst the OC boys were all crapping themselves....

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ah well you see I'm comfortable with my manhood
From what I've heard it won't weigh you down very much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]never mind the depth, get a load of the length
I've only got 4 inches - but most women don't like it that wide!
.....oh, sorry, were you talking length?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And for once the breather behaved perfectly whilst the OC boys were all crapping themselves....
I thought I was the only one when I thought Steve had lost all his deco gas at 30 mtrs with 30 mins deco to do. Who else - tell me more.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Correction - the OOCDC OC boys were crapping themselves - weren't you

Still, must rate it as a very enjoyable dive.  I felt sorry for that poor 'In berry' lobby that got grabbed and put down by 2 buddy pairs & then  grabbed, brought up & chucked back in by one particularly short-sighted pair...

Nice moment towards the finish when me & the other YBOD lot were cruising round the blunt end.  Turned off the torch & had a very relaxing atmospheric few minutes as I watched the guys mooching about in the gloom in near total silence.  My bud saw a great big conger and a lobby face to face - each probably wondering how much it'd hurt if the other decided to have a go.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I must also gloat about my New Year's Day dives in Wraysbury - two dives in 4c water, and I came out positively glowing with warmth. Dead impressed by the 3-finger mitts.
And the xerotherm under the weezle. And the chillcheater hood under the Otter one...

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Correction - the OOCDC OC boys were crapping themselves - weren't you
Yes. I don't know why I get stressed when other people are doing impressions of a jacuzzi at 30 odd metres and I KNOW I have to leave NOW as the deco is racking up and it will be a bit tight on the gas front. No wonder I prefer diving the "Man from Uncle" way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Still, must rate it as a very enjoyable dive.  I felt sorry for that poor 'In berry' lobby that got grabbed and put down by 2 buddy pairs & then  grabbed, brought up & chucked back in by one particularly short-sighted pair...
Who would that be then - I take corrective measures so it could not be me that was short sighted. The first thing I knew about Mrs Lobster was when it was being waved around in my face which is usually a hint for "get your goody bag out?" - I'm innocent I tell yah. 'Onest, guv. Anyway, I was still in the water when it got put back.

Any lobster that thick that it can get caught 3 times in 30 mins probably deserves entry to the Darwin awards and we would have done lobster kind a favour by not letting its young loose in the sea.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Nice moment towards the finish when me & the other YBOD lot were cruising round the blunt end.  Turned off the torch & had a very relaxing atmospheric few minutes as I watched the guys mooching about in the gloom in near total silence.  My bud saw a great big conger and a lobby face to face - each probably wondering how much it'd hurt if the other decided to have a go.
You mean you had forgotten to charge the battery and the torch went dead on you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts