YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Now as any one who knows Andrew will atest, he is not a morning person  

So I scoured the seven seas for an early depart and found a 6.ooam from Dover. Perfect  

OK now, to get Mr P up at 3.30am was a little optomistic so he was invited to kip the night at my place. The fact that we still had to get up at 4.30 fortunatly sliped past him when I told him that we would be diving a previously almost undived wreck

Alarm goes off at 4.30 am and I hit the kitchen to make coffie. Andrew is awake and has an expresion on his face that would kill at 20 paces.

Thank god we are in seporate cars.

We hit dover at 5.45am

The boat is a tad over booked and 14 divers climb aboard a tub designed for about 6 I think. Sill its only two hours out?

I have a quick look for Paul Oliver but I cant see the slip or any ribs as we slide out of the marina. The sun is shining and the sea is flat calm and I notice the faintist whisp of a smile on Andrews face for the first time today. Some divers hide below coz we are so overloaded and off we set to the mystery wreck.

Now this is a blip found and once breifley dived last year. We dont know its name or what she was carrying but we do know it big and on its side and a recent wreck.

When we arive on site I am hit with the good news that I will be responsible for putting the anchor off the wreck and fixing the waster. (bums). I havent done this beforew but as Andrew and I are planning by far the longist bottom time  I cant argue.

We drop in second and find a disapointing 5-6m viz. I am nervous about finding the anchor again so I reel off from
the shot and this limits our dive to a 50m span.

We go left and find the hold. Now we know what she was carrying. Big Logs. Massive 5m long 1 -2m dia tree trunks.
Not much plunder here me thinks.

Andrew spots a big lobster and a few min's later dinner and the unwavering love of my wife is assured and in the goody bag  

We penitrated to the extent of my reel plus Andrews buddy reel but apart from some very prety pulminose anonimies we found naught of interest. We went all the way to the Bow of the wreck which is definatly the wrong way on a cargo ship but at least we will know better next time. Pete turned up on his scooter and waved at me on his way past. ( smug git) I held up my lobster and gave him the V sign. (God I want a scooter) At about 45mins I looked at Andrew and he at me and we had had enough. Off we went back to the Anchor and sorted out the waster. Andrew watched me make a compleat hash of it, then came to the rescue just as I had had enough and got my knife out to slash the ropes.

Up the shot for an uneventfull 30mins deco and back abord in the sunshine.

Not a bad dive, we had hoped for more but it was flat calm and warm so we wont complain too much. Perhaps the next uncharted wreck will be carrying gold

ATB

Mark Chase

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Mark

As you got dinner it was worth it, sounds like it was ok other than the long trip to get there.

Try the Andorman for bullion, only silver but she is 24m proud in 50m, or maybe the Carmen another quite impressive one sitting upright.

Regards

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark,

Whilst u were dragging ya kit along to the 'perioquet Queen' aka SUNDANCER, you passed Pauls' RIB on ya right hand side.
It is berthed in the marina, ( big big for the slip )  

ANdy

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ June 23 2003,19:55)]We go left and find the hold. Now we know what she was carrying. Big Logs. Massive 5m long 1 -2m dia tree trunks.
Not much plunder here me thinks.
Not everything of value is gold.
 I heard/read a story of a guy who found shitloads of logs in a Canadian lake. They had all sank over many years as they were being transported over by just floating them across with a wee push from the back.
Anyways, he lifted one and had it examined to see if it was wortwhile lifting the rest. The answer was a resounding "YES". As they were hardwood and the amount of restrictions that was now on all felling of it had pushed the price sky high. This guy merely went back, lifted the rest and made a packet.
 I think that might have came from "Goldfinder" by Keith Jessop.

Peter

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Wanted

Lift bags

Lots of lift bags

Mark Chase

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ June 23 2003,22:36)]Mark,

Whilst u were dragging ya kit along to the 'perioquet Queen' aka SUNDANCER, you passed Pauls' RIB on ya right hand side.
It is berthed in the marina, ( big big for the slip )  

ANdy
<font color='#000F22'>I give up what does perioquet meen? it ant in the OED

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

perioquet is a spinning on the toes movement by a ballet dancer.

It was a name given to Bob and his boat by us locals, because , at first he had odd engines and always had to be in a gear.the boat used to spin in uncontrolable circles and have us in fits of laughter as other boats were hit

Andy

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Got you

'pirouette'

For me to insult spelling is pot and kettle stuff but the word was so out of context I couldent figure it out. It thaught it was referance to a drug of some kind??

Yes, I have herd the jet system four rudders makes for some interesting stearing too.

Funny thing is the boat looks like a pile of junk but goes like hell.

All it needs is some decent kitting up area and a kettle.

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Wait til Thursday evening ,  ya in for a treat from our boat.

Good space to kit up.
Amble space to leave ya dry gear.
Good clean heads.
Nav gear second to none.
Easy entry.
Easy ladder.
kettle is always on.
bacon butties ( morning dives ONLY )
And when i'm not diving , and frigging good skipper.

Andy  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts