YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Help!!

I'm a newbie and have all my own kit I'm did ow in July and don't want to jump to advanced until I get some more dives in.

I don't need nursing and I'm not after a free instructor, I just want more experience.

I can travel home or abroad anytime ( should have registerd username Martini ) get in touch if you wish to buddy up.

Get wet soon
Simon

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

I think if you look in planned trips there is a group going to Stoney in the next couple of weeks. Could be a good way to make contact with a few people off this site. Might be floating around myself.

Andrew

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi Simon
Welcome aboard! I think it's a good plan to get a few dives under  your belt before doing your AOW, that way you will get the best from it when you do it. There are plenty of nice folks on here who will join you for a dip to help you gain some experience. We all relied on kind, more experienced, people to buddy up with when we started.
jules:D

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

I've checked the Stoney trip but it doesn't fit in the diary (son's wedding should be there for that really, see where the money's gone) I am free all next week and I'm desparate to get back in the water.
Does anyone know? If I just turn up at Stoney or Capenwray can I either go it alone, will they have like a lifeguard type bod to watch lone divers or buddy you up with someone else

·
Registered
38 Posts
Imported post

Whats your work schedule like?  I'm on rotating shifts, so often have weekdays off, which are better at lots of places.  If you have midweek time off, send me a msg, and will see if we cant work something out

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon TW @ Sep. 24 2003,05:10)]Does anyone know? If I just turn up at Stoney or Capenwray can I either go it alone, will they have like a lifeguard type bod to watch lone divers or buddy you up with someone else
<font color='#810541'>Hi  

I phoned Stoney yesterday and asked if they're able to provide buddies for people who go alone and unfortunatly they don't...if the trip to Stoney with these guys on the 5th doesn't work for you, I'm looking for a buddy on a few dates...look under 'Stoney Buddy' posted by me, might be able to help each other!!

x x x

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon TW @ Sep. 24 2003,05:10)]Does anyone know? If I just turn up at Stoney or Capenwray can I either go it alone, will they have like a lifeguard type bod to watch lone divers or buddy you up with someone else

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Simon

Please don't go it alone, check out the buddy section and enjoy the experience with a friend.

Dive safely

Fiona

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks all,
I have sent a pm to scott and Kate,
I have received an e-mail reply from Capernwray and they only supply buddies if you trained with them (funny as I didn't see any in the shop) however they can provide an instructor for dives.

now I'm going back to sit in the bath in my kit and dream about being underwater.

Simon  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Simon,

I think I posted on your thread when you introduced yourself - the offer is still open. I'm nearby in Manchester. Unfortunately going away with the wife for a week so not available until after 6th October, but get in touch any time after.

Mark.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Simon - I might be at Cape on Sunday if you fancy it. PM me if you are interested

Kirky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts