YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi - I'm new to the site and not from Yorkshire (can't help it I was born like it)

Looking for a buddy / travel mate for a liveaboard later in the year.

I am seriously considering booking a 2 week liveaboard in Sudan on the Emperor Pegasus in October (8th to 24th) through Red Sea Divers - I'll probably pay the deposit in the next few days.
however it is looking like all of my usual dive buddies are unavailable to accompany me on this trip so it looks like I will be travelling solo.

I know its a long shot but don't suppose there are any other solo travellers who are interested in going or have already booked this trip that would want to buddy up?
drop me a line if you are and maybe we could organise a few dives together before we go.

I am male, 33YO, London based, laid back but responsible and safety concious (sh1t! this sounds more like a lonely hearts ad!)- Own kit - AOW with Nitrox, Deep and EFR - 100+ dives - by the time I go I should have around 130+ dives and will hopefully have added Rescue to my certs.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Toby
Sudan eh? I've heard there's a lot of red tape etc to be dealt with, but if I hadn't already booked two livaboard for this year I would probably have gone on this too. Don't worry about going solo, you'll be fine, I once did a solo fly/drive holiday to California, it's good to throw yourself into the mix and see what happens
Cheers
steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Feb. 27 2004,16:12)]...it's good to throw yourself into the mix and see what happens....
Cheers
steve
Is this how you began your career as a flagrant Transvestite??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Hey Steve,

not sure about red tape as I haven't applied for the visa yet  -AFAIK it just takes a while and you have to make sure that there isn't an Iraeli stamp in your passport - other than that it seems fairly straightforward other than the fact that you have to write to the embassy rather than get it issued at the airport on arrival - obviously if anyone is reading this and knows different then some tips would be appreciated.

lots of money though - the visa, passport registration tax, entry tax, exit tax, tourist tax, diving tax, marine park fees etc comes to $220 US - at least until they can think up yet another tax to sting me with.

I'm not bothered about travelling solo particularly although it would be reassuring to have a brit travel buddy - just in case I turn up at the boat and its full of Italians - or worse still Russians  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

sounds great! now then where can i get some money from???

·
Registered
413 Posts
Imported post

Bren...I think you've either lost your touch...that crap joke went down like a lead balloon or accidentally posted in the wrong thread....lol

Hope you're well.

Graham

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ Feb. 27 2004,20:38)]

Bren...I think you've either lost your touch...that crap joke went down like a lead balloon or accidentally posted in the wrong thread....lol

Hope you're well.

Graham
I'm fine mate thanks - and from memory, don't lead balloons go down rather well??  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts