YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got neoprene wrist seals, (bit of a mix up when ordering suit) fitted to my suit. Dived in it lastnight for the first time and bone dry apart from my wrists, I've 2 choices send it back to Otter to get latex fitted or but some bio seals.

I dont really want to post it back as i need it next week and dont really mind the neoprene seals so long as they stay sealed, so i was thinking of buy a set of bio seals, does anyone use them and do they work as advertised?

Thanks

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stupid question time.

Would old mountain bike inner tube do it?

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
bioseals and innertube are very different things....

·
Frightened of the dark!!!
346 Posts
Latex inside

I have in the past just glued and taped a set of latex inside the neoprene wrist and neck seal.

That way you get the waterproofness of latex and the neoprene acts as a protector for the latex seal.

You can buy diy kits from Otters websight, comes with seal glue and tape.
Most dive shops wil sell the above ingredients.

Then all you need is a bit of time and an old lemonade bottle and away you go

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
i have the neck bioseal and it's really to stop you get hangman's neck on longer trips.
I think inner tube is what you want for your wrist seals if it's a leaking water issue rather than a skin irritation one.

Jules

·
Registered
989 Posts
During my HSE course on one of the days I had to borrow a drysuit cos mine was leaking. On the first dive I found that it leaked, so on the second i put some innertube over the top of each wrist seal to make them that bit tighter.

I suppose you could also put some underneath to act as a barrier.

And they are cheaper,

HTH,

Dan

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
I use a bio neck seal with neo and it works a treat.

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my neck is fine, its when i move my hands and slightly break the seal on the wrists that i get damp, which is why i thought get bio seals on my wrists the keep the neoprene ones on my suit. I dont mind wet wrists in the summer but not at the moment or winter/autumn months.

If i wasnt diving tomorrow, thursday and friday id just send it back to get neoprene fitted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts