YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Anyone see this on Discovery last night? It's the full story of the Bismarck and how she ended up where she is. Absolutely massive ship, the same length as the Titanic, 30ft wider and twice the weight. The divers leave Bremen(?) on the same day 61yrs after the Bismarck left with some of the survivors on board and follow exactly where she went to sink the Hood and down into the Atlantic. They then found the wreck and put submersibles down onto her.  She is still relatively intact, just missing the gun turrets(1900 tonnes each) and the bridge, which was found. This was all backed up with actual footage of the sinking of the Hood and Bismarck, and great computer graphics. Absolutely magic programme.
  And if you didn't see it last night, it's your lucky day as it's repeated at 8pm on Friday night and 3am Saturday morning.

Peter  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Imported post

Oh, it's called James Cameron's expedition.

Peter

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Imported post

I saw it, really enjoy it... I seem to watch all the underwater documentaries/wildlife progs these days... Must be the anticipation of getting "wet" enventually one day anytime sooner rather than later etc etc etc :<

And... I've only got one ball!! Imagine how I feel!!!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter,
yes I saw it, a fantastic programme can't help feeling a bit envious though to think they are seeing things like that and getting paid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts