YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
This is my happy face!!
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to see 'Concert for George' the other night (tribute to George Harrison for those that didn't know), and it was excellent. Blubbed like a 12 yr old girlie (in a Woz like stylee) at the end.

Any way, thought I'd have a look at some of his solo stuff. So, any tips on albums etc?

·
Registered
45 Posts
"All Things Must Pass" is usually regarded as his best solo Album and I certainly would not argue with that, some of the others can be a bit more uneven. I have not got a copy of his last album "Brainwashed" but that got some good reviews. Also apparently The Traveling Wilburys albums may be coming back out on CD with GH; Bob Dylan; Tom Petty; Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne, volume 1 especially is worth getting.

All the best,
Martyn

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I haven't listened to this since .......... FM, is it really that long ago?

Anyway, not a solo album but:-

Bangladesh ShowBiz - Concert for Bangladesh - Album Titles

The Concert for Bangladesh Album Titles. Disc 1. George Harrison/Ravi Shankar Introduction; Bangla Duhn; Wah-Wah; My Sweet Lord; Awaiting On You All ...
www.bangladeshshowbiz.com/concert_for_bangladesh/concert_for_bangladesh_album_titles_main.htm - 17k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Amazon.com: The Concert for Bangladesh: Music: George Harrison

Buy this album with The Concert for Bangladesh (Limited Deluxe Edition) DVD ~ George ... As with previous versions of The Concert for Bangladesh, all artist ...
www.amazon.com/Concert-Bangladesh-George-Harrison/dp/B000BF0D88 - 174k - 11 Apr 2007 - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

·
Registered
45 Posts
More news on the "Traveling Wilburys" re-issue

From Jason Richie on the classic rock news forum:

Traveling Wilburys, the eighties super group made of George
Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan, are to
re-issue their two albums in one 3-disc package on June 5. The self-
tilted CD/DVD will have previously unreleased tracks 'Maxine'
and 'Like a Ship' and videos for 'Handle With Care', 'End Of The
Line', 'Inside Out', 'She's My Baby' and 'Wilbury Twist'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts