YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another bank holiday, with no diving. Our club at Dover has yet to get the boat out yet this year. First no vis, now too rough:angry: . We have had to put up with the muddy puddle treatment. Roll on summer for some vis, and calm seas.
Still were off again to pembrokeshire in July, and if last year was anything to go by the vis and diving were great.
Already got a red sea trip planned for October so cant complain, but wish I gould just get some in locally for a change.
Whats the vis like around the rest of the south coast, as we may well think about a charter.
Safe diving
Roger

·
"we sit at the bar sipping ice and white Russian"
408 Posts
thats why most of my diving is now abroad....it sucks the weather in this country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
We've had about 6 weeks of nice weather now, boats been out every weekend.

Only the last 2 days with wind has meant no diving.

Yes the vis has been crap but its not THAT bad.

Had more dives this year in the first 4 months than any year since ive been diving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh no! I´m coming back to Uk to see family next week, i was sooooooooooooo hoping the weather was gonna stay good, please tell me its gonna be ok!
Was hoping to pop in on my old Club in Medway, but won´t be if its too chilly!

Just a woss

·
Registered
17 Posts
i´m sure!
But you can have too much sun too, i´m not complaining but Ole Blighty still holds lots of attractions for me, family, friends and shopping!!
How was the earthquake for you tóther day? I watched it on skynews, i couldnt believe it!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
I was on the way 2 vobster, didn't feel a thing:)
However he ended up with me crashing out in his room, which according to Roy's Complaint to the BSAC Chairman is far worse than an earthquake :(

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Another bank holiday, with no diving. Our club at Dover has yet to get the boat out yet this year. First no vis, now too rough:angry: . We have had to put up with the muddy puddle treatment. Roll on summer for some vis, and calm seas.
Still were off again to pembrokeshire in July, and if last year was anything to go by the vis and diving were great.
Already got a red sea trip planned for October so cant complain, but wish I gould just get some in locally for a change.
Whats the vis like around the rest of the south coast, as we may well think about a charter.
Safe diving
Roger
Your obviously not doing the right Dover Weather and Viz dance ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Safe diving
Roger
Hope it changes soon Roger as I'm meant to be on a Seasearch dive out of Dover this Saturday, before the "pleasures" of Leybourne on Sunday. If you're thinking of a charter count me in. Lets talk about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I know what you mean about the weather roger

Another bank holiday, with no diving. Our club at Dover has yet to get the boat out yet this year. First no vis, now too rough:angry: . Safe diving
Roger
However he ended up with me crashing out in his room, which according to Roy's Complaint to the BSAC Chairman is far worse than an earthquake :(

I know what you mean about the weather roger.
I tested the caravan camping for a few nights got to put a bit of time in with the kids while the diving is off. sutton vale caravan site 4 miles away from my house but it was brilliant. no computer or tv well footy was on in the club house ! nice change anyways

Paul.. ! i wrote a letter to topman marcus saying how good you are at leching but the jokes you told the class needed improving.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Safe diving
Roger
Flat calm of Brid Bay today. And very quiet. Everybody listened to the garbage that was the the weather forecast and stayed at home.

Gary

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I managed to get on the Kyarra out of Swanage yesterday. It was a bit lumpy on the surface but the vis is improving. A fairly snooty 5M on the bottom, pretty good after all the easterlies we have had. Looks like the bloom is dying back.

The trip back was interesting. It was a bit like a puke dodging competition. I suspect that those of us on rebreathers and twins were not popular as it seemed a few people had been bouncing around in uncomfortable conditions for some time. Sooooorrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

·
Registered
147 Posts
gary c

hey up , gary what did u get up too out of brid ? was there any viz ? just been for a ride to hornsea and it was flat calm ! didnt take my boat out this wkend , was at oban last week and got thoroughly spoilt ! was out of brid a few wks ago but found no viz ! going next though , weather permitting . :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
hey up , gary what did u get up too out of brid ? was there any viz ? just been for a ride to hornsea and it was flat calm ! didnt take my boat out this wkend , was at oban last week and got thoroughly spoilt ! was out of brid a few wks ago but found no viz ! going next though , weather permitting . :)
Took the club RIB and my own RIB out for sea trial. Weather was pretty good. Took some basic kit just in case we wanted to dive. We missed slack because we were late. That was sort of half on purpose. We didnt dive but the viz did not look too bad on the surface. You could see the ropes from the bouys going down for a metre or so.

Really we just had a potter about and Brid compound was very quiet unlike Saturday according the the guy behind the counter. I found the Bay Wreck (8 metres) on the souder and I am going to try and get some of the new people on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
whats the problem

April I did 20 dives all in the sea. viz varied from 1 meter to 7.. some of the best weather topside for years.... and some really good diving... All on the South Coast sussex and dorset...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts