YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Heya all!

Thought I'd just write you all a little something after I registered over a month ago (!) after some blackmail from Mary  
I promise to keep it short tho!

I joined the University of Nottingham Sub Aqua club bout 2.5 years ago and have been terribly lazy ever since, but they still let me be a member even when I changed camps from being a student to becoming a staff member at uni!

Celebrating Xmas and New Year back in Dutchy Dutchy land now and was a bit bored cuz it's raining (as usual). Anybody ever dived in Taiwan (Kenting) by any chance cuz I'm planning to do a day diving there and could use some feedback.

Anyway, won't keep you much longer! And keep pestering me when I dont post anything!

Dutchy

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in Dutchy mate,

Welcome to YD, get in amongst it and enjoy.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Nottingham uni takes over YD! Yay! Stick close by me, you'll be fine. Watch out for that Nitrox, I rekcon he's got plans afoot...

Bren, don't know if you realised but you met Dutchy at the Dive Show. She was the fitty looking longingly at me all afternoon at the bar!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Good to see you finally made it Alex

you know there is another to meet too.....
Woz he's just joined in the last couple of days and is Notts uni (in a kind of convoluted way) too

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Dec. 28 2003,16:01)]Nottingham uni takes over YD! Yay! Stick close by me, you'll be fine. Watch out for that Nitrox, I rekcon he's got plans afoot...

Bren, don't know if you realised but you met Dutchy at the Dive Show. She was the fitty looking longingly at me all afternoon at the bar!
Aye Diggs,

That I do. The slim filly, long dark hair, sallow skin, penetrating eyes, trying desperately to keep Nitrox at arms' length??  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Dec. 28 2003,18:11)]That I do. The slim filly, long dark hair, sallow skin, penetrating eyes, trying desperately to keep Nitrox at arms' length??  
<font color='#000080'>
Now I think arms length would be a bit close for my liking. He's a big lad that Nitrox, and I don't know why she was hiding behind me and Mary!!!

Mind you, you could have a lot of fun at arms length...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Imported post

Hi,
many welcomes Duchy,from a far northern English scribbler, Digger ----where is the greyhound from your old avatar!!!
-----sorry----being an IT cretin, I don't have a clue how to put a photo on
so I can hardly talk  

Cheers, Malcolm-----moderatly old git.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to YD Alex and commiserations for your association with Digger.

Has anyone else noticed that all Notts Uni divers that come to YD via Digger's introduction are women? Odd that.

Anyway, Alex; I trust you'll be joining us for the Stoney Social on 21st February so I look forward to meeting you there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Whow,whow,whow take it eazy boyz!!!!!
Yeah,yeah, i was the one at the Dive Show with the nice new computer...trying deperately to keep any diver at (very big) barge pole length away! (just kidding)
(Thx 4 the coke though)

Scary how Notts Uni seems to take over YD. It's all part of my plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! Anyways, I will be joining those who will be in wonderful (?) Stoney on the 21st of Feb,so I'll meet ya there!

Ps nobody has dived in Taiwan (Kenting) so far?

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Dec. 29 2003,20:15)]Has anyone else noticed that all Notts Uni divers that come to YD via Digger's introduction are women? Odd that.
and all i've managed to bring is woz. sorry.

so we've got me, mary, digger, tiewrapdiver, woz and dutchy

any chance of a name change to east midlands divers?  

p.s. welcome alex! (that's dutchy, not woz. this could get confusing. if you're looking for a slim attractive female don't mix up those two!)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>There's others lurking too. I think there are some who are curious but don't know where to start. There are people who know far too much during conversations I've noticed.

I can see it now. Almost as bad as Tim (tiewrap)'s introduction. "I'm Digger's housemate..." He's lost the respect of the group before he starts! No-one in their right mind would ever live with me. What were they thinking?

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Jan. 15 2004,12:56)]There's others lurking too. I think there are some who are curious but don't know where to start. There are people who know far too much during conversations I've noticed.
<font color='#000080'>who who who?! i want to know who i'm making a fool of myself in front of!

matt says he doesn't come on here (actually having to work while at work, apparently) which has got to be a good thing!  

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

Wecome aboard, its getting like a students union in here, not that thats a bad thing

As for Taiwan, if you don't have much luck here then have a look on www.scubaboard.com, they have a lot more international members and so you might have a chance of chatting with someone out there.

Have fun

Conor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts