YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's not so grim up North
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I bought a second hand twin bladder wing and I've decided to blank off the second bladder to de-clutter (for now anyway) and was wondering whether anyone had any suggestions regarding the best way to blank it off? My first thought was to remove the inflator hose "nut" from the hose assembly and insert a suitably sized piece of plastic under the "nut" and tighten it down against the rubber seal. As I'm a little prone to breaking things :embarassed: I was wondering whether the hose assembly elbow dismantles to allow me to remove the "nut" before I do something I regret, or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Easy

Ring Alex at custom diver ,ask for the blanking pieces to fit inflator hole & dump hole ,remove 2nd bladder dead easy job will take 5 minutes max .I removed mine earlier this week & sold it !

edit: just reread op mine was a TDB but would think they use the same

·
It's not so grim up North
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply, mine is the TDB too - my mistake. Wanted to leave the 2nd bladder in place for now if possible so just need to blank the inflator hole I think. I've e-mailed CD but as I wanted to try it out this Sunday, does anyone know if I can dismantle the current hose assembly?

Ta

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
If you unscrew the hose assembly you are already half way to removing it completely ,just unscrew the dump ,undo the zip & remove 2nd bladder ,do zip back up & go dive ! unless you stick sharp pointy object through either of the 2 holes no problem .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.