YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ahem... further to my being taken to task by Bren over alleged anti-americanism, I thought it'd be worth posting that they've started bombing Yorkshire with  F-15E Strike Eagle jets!  

See here

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>rare my arse.  They accidentaly drop the fuel pods regularly.  They look like bombs slung under the wings, and get jettisoned over the military ranges.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I guess that wold be classed as friendly fire. There was only a british flag flying over the subject & all current allie identification markings.

Just be thankful they didn't come around again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Imported post

Lets play guess the Country...

Which country choose to 'ignore' the Arms Control Treaty, walk out on talks regarding the enforcement of the Biological Weapons Treaty, abandoned the Kyoto protocol for Global Warming and the Anti-Ballistic Missle Treaty, refused to ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (regarding Weapons of Mass Distruction), refused to sign the Convention on the Rights of the Child, didn't sign the convention banning anti-personnel landmines?

Did you guess Iraq, Iran, China, N.Korea?

No it's the good old USA. You've all gotta' be glad the George Dubya (a man who couln't spell "Potatoe") is the the man with his finger on the button.

Sorry for the rant but my threapist says I'm making progress!
CK

·
Registered
123 Posts
Imported post

I don't know if it's true or it's an urban legend but I like to think it happened (helps me deal with my 'American-Issues!')

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians:  Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

Americans:  Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians:  Negative.  You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans:  This is the Captain of a US Navy ship.  I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians:  No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans:  THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET.  WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE  DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT  VESSELS.  I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15  DEGREES NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians:  This is a lighthouse.  Your call.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I can Say I've heard tha one before. Anyone see the program last night on the Texas Virgins? George dubya introduced a law which prohibites Sex before Marrage. Now the country of freedom seems to be the biggest nanny state around.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a man who couln't spell "Potatoe"
That was Dan Quayle. F*ckwit though he was, he's several steps up the evolutionary ladder further than the present incumbent, George (How d'ya spell W) Bush.

The most powerful man on the planet needs instructions on how to wipe his arse - mind you, with the combination of the oil, car, NRA lobbies and last but not least one A.Blair crawling out of it I suppose it can get a bit tricky.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Imported post

also havent they sank a boat in canadian waters filled with concrete, and hav ebeen told to shift it?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Whilst attached to the US Marines in Saudi back in 93 they "accidently" dropped a bomb on our/their camp from a F-16.

The entire area (3km) was evacuated leaving only skeleton manning. I was a singley at the time, with no kids and volunteered to stay with the kit whilst everyone else evac'd.

Upon the all clear being given, everyone returned to duty. An american general then proceeded to award the skeleton crews with medals (freely available from their stores). Couldn't wear the feckin thing, so I sold swapped mine with a  grunt for a nice camp bed.

No wonder these guys have so many of the damn things, apparently they get one for flying over Northern Ireland too!

At least we had the comfort of finding out that the bomb wasn't dropped but rather fell off!

Yanks are all hot dogs n coke IMHO

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Jan. 13 2004,00:11)]The most powerful man on the planet needs instructions on how to wipe his arse - mind you, with the combination of the oil, car, NRA lobbies and last but not least one A.Blair crawling out of it I suppose it can get a bit tricky.
Good 'un

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Imported post

Cant verify the accuracy but found this in an on-going usenet flame war, supposed source is the Sunday Mirror:

http://mat.ellis.name/archives/000024.html

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
us British helicopter pilot came under 'friendly fire' from American troops yesterday, forcing him to perform an emergency landing which placed him within yards of his attackers. Immediately after managing to put the aircraft on the ground without killing anyone, the pilot leapt out and exchanged blows with the US marine considered to be the prime culprit.

"The Chinook pilot shouted at the platoon: 'When was the last time you saw a ****ing Iraqi in a helicopter?'

'The pilot and the marine were separated by their comrades as the US troops advanced north towards Baghdad.

"A British military spokesman, Group Captain Al Lockwood, said 'I'm afraid it would be an RAF thing to do, these guys are not known for tolerating fools gladly.'"

Seeing an Iraqi in a helicopter would be a rare sight indeed, but in a Chinook?? How can you confuse that for a threat?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Good one  

Topically, having just watched "Black Hawk Down" last night, I'm puzzled why the Americans were keen to have the story told, doesn't exactly make you want to buddy up with them !
However, the RAF beating s*** out of these "sir! yes! sir! Hut hut hut.." GI Joes would be worth paying to see  

BTW did you hear that the RAF roundel design they have on the planes etc is actually patented by Dorothy Perkins, who've kindly agreed not to object to the RAF using their design  

That's almost as bad as '20th Century Fox' not thinking ahead to patent "21st Century Fox", which is now owned by some guy who failed to punt it on to them for an exorbitant fee  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>French Connection have patented the letters fcuk in any order! Confused me, but they've obviously got reasons. Probably to stop the market traders selling "fuck" t-shirts.

I think the comedy of companies who just don't ask a local is better. Vauxhall launching the Nova in spain, only to find that Nova means doesn't go, or something like. A classic was GPT selling products in France not realising that GPT would be pronounced J'ai pete. Meaning I've farted. Why are companies this stupid? Surely someone could have just said something. Just mentioned it. To anyone!

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

...drat...I was thinking of changing my avatar to say, a fish, but I see I will have to keep this one for the nuisance value *grin*

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Nothing wrong with a coke, with a nice hot dog .... Or a pepsi, or even an Iron Bru !  

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

Give me a can of Dandelion & Burdock if you can find one, beats coke or pepsi for taste  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

Well said that man!  Dandelion and Burdock, jam sandwiches made with that really thin white Mother's Pride bread, jumpers for goal posts...
And let's not forget Vimto and lashings of Ginger Beer  
ah...... the good old days when we had our own culture instead of an imported flat-packed corporate-badged money-grabbing blah blah blah...  

1 - 20 of 34 Posts