YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting blown out on the Merchant Royal today, Howard and I (plus Digger but more of that later) went to NDAC for some dive time. Admittedly not salt but a dive is better than none!! Anyway I need to practive with my SLR rig before the project I am involved in at the start of August.

Here are some of the results.

Howard inside one of the tubes at 12m or so.

Again, inside one of the tubes. Didn't use flash, the ones where I did went horribly wrong as the strobes are too powerful and I need to learn how powerful they really are! I love the mercury effect on the ceiling which I spotted on the way through.

This was one I shot with the strobes and only because I shot it in RAW did I manage to get something reasonable out of it.

To prove that Howard can get inside an APC (he did get inside the small aircraft at around 24m but I didn't because of the rig!). The wide angle doesn't do the small size any justice really.

Howard pointing out the obvious, again! His blinding personality is shining from his dump valve too.

To prove that there was some nice viz at NDAC today despite the horrendous rain last night.​

Thanks to Howard for modelling and I hope you like them. I will let Digger tell his story about how he drove for 4 hours and didn't dive. What a nice chappie you are. Good to see you Digger, maybe next time you will hire that BC and you too can be a model!!

Regards

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Nice pics GLOC. I particularly like the distance one. :)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Cracking pictures Gareth, that viz was a lot better than Nic & I had a couple of weeks back. Shame I didn't know you guys would be there, I'd have come over to meet up.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Derek, is that because you can't see Howard's face clearly :)

They were all shot using a Fuji S2 with Sigma 10-20 inside an Aquatica Housing with 8" dome. The thing with this lens is that is focuses very close and has a very wide field of view. The shot of Howard pointing was only about 1m away, if that, and the shot inside the APC again about the same distance.

Cracking pictures Gareth, that viz was a lot better than Nic & I had a couple of weeks back. Shame I didn't know you guys would be there, I'd have come over to meet up.
The viz was pretty good until some numpties kicked the sh*t out of it on the way back around. Even inside the ISO containers there was sh*t everywhere!!

PS The other reason we went is because Howard still needs to work on his trim following Tech 1 with Richard Lundgren, although I don't remember it being this bad on the course! See we can have fun as DIR divers :D
Regards

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Feckin t*ssers. You wouldn't catch me in a puddle, l only do real diving. :embarassed:

Oh and the pickies aren't too bad Gareth.

Come on Digs, spill the beans....... does it have anything to do with your super reliable Kiss? you know you really want a fisher price rebreather :D

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I like the second pic best, I think. Viz didn't look that good when I went to the NDAC - it was beige!

Howard's drysuit looks a little short in the arms on the last piccy - is he ok? :D

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Great pics, you make the NDAC look almost inviting (almost, but not quite).

Hope your collective bums survived the drive down the hill :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts