YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Please be kind...I'm new to this kind of thing!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

I know  
still haven't woken up properly yet....zZzZzZz...

Ok, I'm 24 (although you couldn't tell that by my spelling!!!) and live in Chelsfield (near Bromley in Kent)

I did my PADI course a little while ago, but, haven't had the chance to dive yet, (not through choice, I've had to have a few knee operations)

I enjoy swimming, drinking and being slated about my spelling  

Anything else?! Throw questions at me!!!!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate
there are a few Southerners on here so you should be able to hook up with us for a dive or two when the old Knees permit.
Can I suggest you look into Mark Chase's mail as spelling is his forte (not). Still who said you had to be good at spelling to be able to dive. He's OK as as a diver though (under statement) and Peter K can spell (he's a Jimmy) but that's as close as I'd let him get to you if I were you.
Lou/Caroline are a couple of Southern living lasses and good to dive with too, so you wont need to feel over awed by an all bloke atmosphere.
take care

Matt

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks!!! That'd be great!!!

I need to make a conscious effort this year to start getting some equipment!

I don't have anywhere close by that specialize in Scuba...Any suggestions for the south east area would be appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Kate

Welcome, I'm new here too. This bunch seem to be pretty fair, which is not the case on some other sites.

Try Kent Diving in Dartford. They used to be very good when they were based in Orpington. I move away from Dartford, they move there, bastards! All items have free postage, including cylinders. Not a brilliant web site, but the essentials are all there.

I believe a branch of Mike's Waterfront has opened in Bexleyheath as well. They tend to do training as well, don't think Kent do this.

Have a look at Dominic's buying guide, which is recent (and developing) good advice.

Adrian

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome Kate,  from one southerner to another....

(We are taking over
)

Have a look around the forums,  there is a post where people have posted experience levels to give you some idea of the skills and experience on the boards - From novices to not so novice (Must get around to adding to it !!!).

Also Dom has put a post on the boards with much useful information on kit selection for new divers.  (Dom also has a very nice web site with lots of useful info on it and I am sure his write up on kit will be added to that soon -  I will let Dom add his address because I have already pimped it out a few times and he might think it is hero worship  
)

Enjoy,

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Kate,

You are indeed welcome to YD. Some basic rules: get in amongst it and have fun and be informative; ask ANY question you like (we'll help if we are able), as we believe there is no such thing as a daft question, unless you include the one you didn't ask!  

We try and cater for most diving tastes here (even PeterK's
) and steer clear of the usual voodoo debates on inter-agency/school rivalry: our take is, can you dive oe seek to dive safely (meaning safe for yourself and others/your buddy) ?? If so, happy days.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Thankyou...Everyone!!!

I did my PADI at Orpington (I live 5 mins drive up the road) I didn't realise they had moved!!

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Kate, this frog lives in Glasgow.  Take care, dive safely, look forward to reading you on the boards.  

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Before I hit the boards, can someone tell me...how do I get a picture for my messages?!?!

Thankyou! xx

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi kate and welcome
for a piccie go to ,<control panel> <personal info> <avatar options> and have a look at the list. If yo want a personalised one mail whatever it is to Head's Up (Jay) and he'll sort it out for you
Chee-az
Steve
BTW, I believe Kent Diving may also do interest free credit (lovely words those, aren't they... ?
) Robin Hood Watersports  definately do it

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate,
          I believe we've already been introduced. Just ignore what all those big nasty men say agout me. They're all just jealous as I too have youth on my side.
 Welcome and ask any questions you like and someone will answer them. I hope your knees get better soon and I'll maybe see you on a YD jaunt if I survive Angelsey.

Peter
PS- Right Binnie, that's one more black mark against your name. You're causing total devestation in the rainforest with all the paper I'm using for these black marks. There's an idea! Kidnap you and drop you in the middle of the rainforest. Sort of killing two birds with one stone shall we say.
Heads up- I truly thought more of you. Ahh well, I suppose I'll need to start a file on you as well.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hey don't leave me out of it, especially since I've just been taking the **** out of you on handbag.net  

Chee-az
Steve

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate,

Worth going into Dive Kent to talk about kit,they have some people who give very good advise there. Personally i seldom buy me kit from anywhere else.

We dive out of Dover and often take out guest divers. There is a Club in Bromley who have several members running a hard boat out of Ramsgate, i'll get you some details.

Safe Diving

Paul

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hi Kate

there is a mike's in bexlyheath or failing that try lakeside at thurrock both very professional and well stocked with the latest gear.

we dive an old chalk quarry near lakeside, ebbsfleet to be precise very deep in places @ a mere 105m.
but at no more than 13m lakeside is ok for practice although the vizz aint to good at the mo.

regards

mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts