YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thinking of doing a boat handling course for RIBS - can anyone tell me what's involved & will it be beneficial ??

Cheers

Pat

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pat,
         I don't know what branch you are but as the man says "It depends if you have your own RIB". I'm assuming your doing it through SSAC, if not Alicia at HQ will put you on the list.(be prepared though, it takes a loooooooong time to get on the course, but then everything in SSAC takes a loooong time)

Peter

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Great - many thanks for all the info.  The club does have a RIB.  I will find out how long the waiting list is with SSAC.

Cheers

Pat

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

Robert,

The BSAC boat handling course is acceped as training for the RYA Level 2 power boat ticket, but is not equivalent to it.

The BSAC diver cox course is accepted as equivalent to RYA level 2.

David

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rads @ June 02 2003,17:50)]The BSAC diver cox course is accepted as equivalent to RYA level 2.
<font color='#0000FF'>Small point in case of any misunderstanding, AIUI that latter point  doesn't work vice versa.ie my RYA PBII won't get me a SALT sticker for Diver Cox but will get a sticker for BSAC BH course
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

Agreed,

The BSAC diver cox course contains the same boat driving skills as the RYA PB L2, but then does some diving specific stuff in addition (transits, dropping off and picking up divers etc).

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts