YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Go on Bob,

What you got to say about it then, and what on Earth is the PADI rag doing running an article about DIR.

Got to say, I am quietly impressed, but don't let anyone hear me say that.

Andrew

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Imported post

I'm going to bring this back to the top, I feel that there is no way I can let Bob get away without comment

Andrew

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Bob Cooper - he wrote it.
May actually have to buy a copy of SD - hopefully WHSmiths have got a brown paper bag I can hide it in..

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Become a PADI Instructor, they put it through you letter box for free each month that way only the postman knows.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AndyP @ Sep. 29 2003,22:20)]Become a PADI Instructor, they put it through you letter box for free each month that way only the postman knows.

Andrew
Do they? Does that apply to assistant instructors too?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Currently, SportDiver are having a bit of a recruitment drive... anybody passing a PADI course in the UK is being given a three month subscription to SD (Well, they were giving them away when I did RD in July...)

Somehow, I don't think I'll part with any money after the three months... (and the mags seem to arrive very late... delivered well after they are published.)

abucksdiver

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

I don't buy it...I just flick through it in WHSmiths!  That goes for Dive and Scuba-whatever the other one is called too.  It has to be a busy shop though or else you get stared at.

You did look lovely though Bob, although I felt htat in keeping with the magazine you could have donned a bright pink something  

Lou

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lou @ Sep. 30 2003,09:48)]I don't buy it...I just flick through it in WHSmiths!  That goes for Dive and Scuba-whatever the other one is called too.  It has to be a busy shop though or else you get stared at.

You did look lovely though Bob, although I felt htat in keeping with the magazine you could have donned a bright pink something  

Lou
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You did look lovely though Bob
"lovely" eh!
The magazine (Sport Diver) is going through something of a transition.  It is aiming to appeal a wider audience and felt the need to get into some more "technical" stuff. Hence the article.  We are planning to write some more stuff like this over the next few months.

Getting away from the "pink snorkel" image is something they are very keen on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts