YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 boats down from the candy
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

i am a fan of body art (tatoos) although i have only 1 football badge on my leg i was considering having a diving tatoo on my other leg and for this i was wanting to download some images that would look good and that over time could be added to , for example i was going to start with a basic diver (with yd tank sticker if they ever materialise) and then add on scenery etc over time. anybody out there got any ideas, sites to visit etc cheers paul

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,414 Posts
Imported post

Yup, tattooed frog here!  Pierced also, (12 now) but am thinking of a 3rd diving tattoo.  My dive name is Frog.  So I'm going to get a tattoo of a frog with a dive cyliner, with a crown on.  Why the crown?  I'm known as Royal Frog by my boyfriend.  I had my navel pierced in Sept. '97, prior going to Egypt on a diving hol in Jan '98.  Fine, and the lady who pierced me told me that Egyptians pierced their navel thousands of years ago, but only royalty could do it.  Commoners weren't allowed.  So, when I repeated this story, the comments were "oh, so does that mean you're now Royal Frog?"

As for sites, I got some ideas from Amphibious Outfitters.  If you look under my posting 'Company Name'  in surface interval, there are some links in there which I found most useful.  There is a beauty of a mermaid one of the trainee piercers wants to incorportate as his own there, so I must print it off for him.

My other work is custom, so thus I end up with tattoos nobody else has.  Go and chat to your tattooist, he'll be used to doing all sorts of things and maybe 'kick start' something for you.  Hope you find what you're looking for.  Dive safely.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Imported post

If u email AO and tell them you're getting one of their designs tatooed onto yourself, they might give you some free T-shirts

Or sue you for copyright infringement, of course..

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,414 Posts
Imported post

Didn't think of that Dom!  Hmm, do I mail and hope for some T-shirts, or risk getting sued for copyright?  
They are an American firm - aren't they?   That could be fun in court  
I'll think about that one for a bit.  Dive safely.  

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

For years I wanted a tattoo but never quite had the bottle to get it done. I've now got three! Moral - tattoos can be addictive.

The last one I had done is a an aboriginal type of design of a shark swimming. It's runs (swims?) half the length of my back so it's quite a big one.

In terms of web sites, I cant really help you there. Mine I found by searching Google for shark tattoos. Like Frog said, do a bit of research on the net and then have a chat with your tattooist. If they are any good they should be able to guide you.

Enjoy sitting in the chair again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.