YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Platinum Member - I wish...
776 Posts
Er, my first bolt snap, a "quality" Beaver SS double ender is now at the very bottom of my dive bag but my Lumb Bro's ones continued to be used. Why is that I wonder?

:D

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Keep em away from the labia majora/labium majus....and while you're at it...the mammary papillas are right out too....unless you like that sort of thing

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
thinks of the kit dripping in the club compressor room,

errr so that means im doomed 5 times over. or is it 6?

like any cliippy thing they need to be used sensibly. would i use a double ender on a SMB. nope. do i sue them on pretty much any other item of kit? yep.

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
They hurt when somebody lobs one at you.

Also, the action of having to physically open one might take too long in an emergency. I vote we go back to those nice shiny d-snaps that catch on everything, I enjoy practicing my net cutting skills:)

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
The other thing I have found is that bolt snaps are expensive. Last time I bought a bolt snap, I had to buy another spool to go on it. For some people, this has led to them looking like shit slick christmas trees carrying 14 stages, 6 scooters, 200000W HID/LED/LASER light, all because they bought too many bolt snaps and really really really really really really had to buy more stuff to clip to them.

·
New member? could be worse, could say small I spos
162 Posts
They have been known to cut the end of my thumb most greviously - well a little bit

·
MIFLEX DIR = "Did It Rupture"??
3,737 Posts
The other thing I have found is that bolt snaps are expensive. Last time I bought a bolt snap, I had to buy another spool to go on it. For some people, this has led to them looking like shit slick christmas trees carrying 14 stages, 6 scooters, 200000W HID/LED/LASER light, all because they bought too many bolt snaps and really really really really really really had to buy more stuff to clip to them.
Oi - I resemble that remark... :D

G

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Anyone that finds a bolt snap a hazard to life and limb is too stupid to drive to the dive site never mind get in the water. Unless of course they've shoved it up their arse on the end of a mains cable in which case they're probably justified in seeing it as a danger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts