YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone,

I joined the forum last night and believe it's the done thing to introduce myself to everyone.

I started diving in the 90's having been desperate to move on from snorkeling. My initial training was a week's PADI course in Hurghada just before starting University. As soon as I started at Loughborough uni I joined their BSAC student diving club. Having obtained the necessary qualifications to do the diving I wanted I then started training others during my last two years there.

I then moved on to doing deeper diving with trimix on OC. During one of the trips to Orkney a friend was trained on an Inspiration classic. The cost saving of the gas used compared to open circuit was the main seller for me. The initial outlay was put down to an investment! So I've been diving since 2000 using one of these monsters.

Although I'm based around Scotch Corner just south of Darlington (Co Durham) I do all my diving (mainly wrecks around 70m range) on the south coast mainly due to frindships but also the diving can be good. It would make sense for me to explore the Northest though and that is something I will attempt in 2008 but I'm not sure how yet! It would make life a lot easier juggling two children and a wife (not literally though).

I hope this is the sort of thing you need as an intro and I look forward to being part of your community.

Barnes

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Morning everyone,

I joined the forum last night and believe it's the done thing to introduce myself to everyone.

I started diving in the 90's having been desperate to move on from snorkeling. My initial training was a week's PADI course in Hurghada just before starting University. As soon as I started at Loughborough uni I joined their BSAC student diving club. Having obtained the necessary qualifications to do the diving I wanted I then started training others during my last two years there.

I then moved on to doing deeper diving with trimix on OC. During one of the trips to Orkney a friend was trained on an Inspiration classic. The cost saving of the gas used compared to open circuit was the main seller for me. The initial outlay was put down to an investment! So I've been diving since 2000 using one of these monsters.

Although I'm based around Scotch Corner just south of Darlington (Co Durham) I do all my diving (mainly wrecks around 70m range) on the south coast mainly due to frindships but also the diving can be good. It would make sense for me to explore the Northest though and that is something I will attempt in 2008 but I'm not sure how yet! It would make life a lot easier juggling two children and a wife (not literally though).

I hope this is the sort of thing you need as an intro and I look forward to being part of your community.

Barnes

nice intro Barnes

welcome to YD

seems there are lots on here using those "monsters" of one description or another and yes there is lots to see in the northeast although I'm not sure in that depth range - its a bit deep for me.

Although someone will know.

best wishes
steven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.