YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Sorry to drop in on the no bubbles crowd when I am strictly an open circuit girl, but I am looking for some help.  I am hoping to sit a few theory exams over the summer and am trying to sort out my revision material.  I know that the hottest topic on exams recently had been rebreathers - but I am having trouble finding any books on the subject.

Can anyone recommend any titles (have searched through amazon with no luck)?

Does anyone have any books on the subject they want to sell?

Many Thanks

H.

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

They're all pretty crap, frankly.

The best backgrounder is Jeff Bozanics "Mastering Rebreathers".

Much as I hate to recommend them, Aquapress are the best source. DO NOT let them take money for a back order though......

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Maybe a bit too specific - the Inspiration manual can be downloaded for free from Ambient Pressure Diving.

Being nosey, I am intrigued to know what exams you are taking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

I am hoping to sit my Advanced Instrucor exam in July and my First Class Diver sometime after that.  According to one of the candidates who sat the FC exam a few weeks ago rebreathers featured heavily.

If the books are naff - are there any good online resources?

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I will ask Rob YBOD Evans to look at your post as I am sure he will be able to recommend a book or a vid to you.

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

It depends on the depth of knowledge you want. That book is probably a good grounding for the sort of stuff you'll want.

Theres more info on sites like http://www.therebreathersite.nl

Or.... ask on here, Im sure theres enough knowledge between us.

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

as the man has said mastering rebreathers is an exelant book for a grounding it will give you much more that you will need for your exams but is easy to follow!
best john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts