YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12,750 Posts
They're the people I'm getting my suit from (and it does look lovely). I'll have a look at their rock boots, but I'm interested to know what other people's experiences are.

Janos
I have some of the normal boots from PB. They are OK, but I wish they went further up the ankle. I found that my previous fin starps would try to pull off the boot. I now have longer straps and this problem does not seem to occur. Tying the laces tightly is not always easy. I may still look out for some normal wetboots with a zip.

Adrian

· Registered
12,750 Posts
Graham

Can I ask why you are choosing wetsuit boots and not a dry (type) boot, same question for anyone else.
The Gates/Hunter boots are no longer made. The alternatives were, IIRC, a chuffing great heavy boot, a really think rubber coated neoprene boot (think moonboots, or the neosocks + over shoe. I went for the neo socks and over shoe (seac sub).

I decide the socks were too small. On a return visit they were discussing a sock made out of the standard membrane material. So I took a chance and went for that, all the changes were done FOC as they must have screwed the measuring. The new socks are OK. I do make sure I stand on a mat - it looks like it would be easy to hole them, yet I am assured they should be tougher than neoprene. It is the thin-ness that is odd.

Adrian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.