YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Wrecking the Plan
554 Posts
Whites Boots

'ShotHog' on this site had some WHITES Boots in a large size 13 that were surplus to requirements as the suit went back and he got left with the boots ...........give him a PM as he wasn't looking for much for them (£10-15 ?)and they are absolutely brill..........just tooo big for me.
He has hardly used them ----2-3 times
Check out the WHITES site as they may be exactly what you are looking for !

db

· Registered
1,264 Posts
i use a whites boots and they are top class, except i didnt like it doesnt have a velcro bit on the end to hold hte ends of the laces but thats a very minor point, no chance of the boots coming off anyway.

very solid sturdy boots, got them from SDS watersports who were ace sorting sizes and everything out for me. so give them a ring and see what sizes they have.

money well spent on mine.

· "Three sheds"
12,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
'ShotHog' on this site had some WHITES Boots in a large size 13 that were surplus to requirements as the suit went back and he got left with the boots ...........give him a PM as he wasn't looking for much for them (£10-15 ?)and they are absolutely brill..........just tooo big for me.
He has hardly used them ----2-3 times
Check out the WHITES site as they may be exactly what you are looking for !
Great stuff. :thumbsup: I've dropped him a PM.

Janos

· Registered
5,258 Posts
O Three do a cracking boot which I use with my dry suit.

It's like a boot-type trainer with a neoprene inner sock but for use with dry suits they cut out the sock to make the fit much more comfortable. It's got a very substantial sole, though the lacing system is not overly robust.

I tried to find a picture on their web site but they don't have any pics or listing of them. However if you give them a call I'm sure they will be able to assist.

· I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
399 Posts
I use the Whites Evo boots, I like them, good sturdy sole and ankle support. You wear a 3mm neoprene sock inside your drysuit for warmth and them the boots over the drysuit sock.

Only down side is that they are quite big. I wear size 10 (UK) and my Quattros would not fit so ended up using size XXL Jetfins, the only other fins that fitted comfortably were XXXL force fins.

· Registered
550 Posts
new boots, suits you sir

My whites fell apart after 8 months also even with a fouth element sock they were too tight on my xxl force fins, Now have dui rock boot simple too put on and i can use my weezle socks and wriggle my toes plus the fins now fit but can dig into the top of your ankle no padding! Othree boots i looked at had no tongue so you could get bits in the boot and puncture the suit ( eg porthkerris beach) thay also sent me one to look at but that was two years ago,they may have changed them.

· Registered
13,342 Posts
I have been to pick up my suit from Seaskin this morning, they changed the original Otter boots and replaced them with neoprene socks. Also picked up a pair of Seac Sub boots, I hope they feel better in the water as the feel very odd in the shop. I hope I haven't made a mistake - it could be very costly :eek: They will be getter their first outing this weekend.

· Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,235 Posts
Also picked up a pair of Seac Sub boots, I hope they feel better in the water as the feel very odd in the shop. I hope I haven't made a mistake - it could be very costly :eek: They will be getter their first outing this weekend.
Fi, I don't know about those particular boots, but changing my Otter boots to dry socks and Rock Boots was one of the best kit decisions I have made. Oh and they probably will feel differnt in the water.

Woz, those look great. OK, you probably want to pull out the neo sock, but otherwise that look the part and a good price.

· Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,235 Posts
How about these?

Jobe Neoprene Boots
# Inner sock for warmth.
# Reinforced heel for stiffness.
# Stiff sole provides excellent grip.
Price: £29.95

RoHo.
Just had an interesting thought - I do sometimes :D

They already have a neo sock. If that sock will come away from the boots easy enough then you have a pair of Rock Boots and a pair of dry socks for £30 - a cheap way to convert your drysuit!

Just remember if you do this, to get a pair big enough to be able to wear your thermal socks or whatever below the neo sock. Then get your drysuit repair company of choice to fix the socks to your suit - possibly even use ROHO since you are getting them from them anyhow.

It all depends if the sock can be removed without damaging it.

· Registered
13,342 Posts
I picked up by suit from Seaskin on Tuesday, having had the same sock option as the ones Daz had. I have also bought a pair of Seac Sub "rock" type boots to wear over the top, but I know these don't go down well.

Having dismissed wetboots as I can't get ones with zips to go round my ankles I decided to try on my Scubapro boots with the suit today, as they don't have zips and just pull on, without trying them on I never thought they would go over the socks. Well a result they do so no laces I was a bit worried as I had read they were just the thing instructors like to tie you up with

So here they are and just need to get them wet now

Hopefully the Seac Sub boots can go back now.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.