YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My company is exhibiting at a military show in London at the moment and during a lull in the proceedings I decided to take a wander round the stands to see who else was exhibiting when I stumbled upon the Ouroborus stand.

Now, I know less than nothing about rebreathers other than there is a new boris out soon.

Well the guy on the stand showed me the latest and greatest military unit which is identical to the new top level commercial unit (apparently there will be 3 commercial variants).

They have gone away from the radial scrubber unit towards a more conventional cannister type because "although the radial is a more efficient unit the conventional cannister presents a lower profile.

The commercial variant will apparently be ever so slightly smaller than the military one which also boasts a lower EM emission footprint (quite handy around ordanance apparently ;) ).

Finally the bail out reg is inserted into the rebreather hose and a switch added to the faceplate to allow the user to switch from CC to bailout.

Obviously the unit will have a cover on it but this has been removed to allow viewing of the scrubber unit.

I think you'll all agree it is a thing of great beauty....even if the pics are very grainy!

Enjoy.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Hummmmm a Meg with rear mounted lungs. Looks interesting but it also looks arse heavy, with all the floaty stuff at the top and all the heavy stuff low low on the bottom.

Hope they have it at the dive show.

Thanks for the pics

ATB

Mark

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Is it just me, or is it rather large?

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
They are supposed to have it at the show and its supposed to come in at 23KG. I have been told that it may have a cartridge scrubber approx 3 hrs, same electronics as the boris, and have a bov incorporated in the mouthpiece.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The military version is apparently slightly larger and heavier than the commercial variant.

The guy said they'd have the new commercial variant at the dive show this year.

Don't know when it's going on sale yet though.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
doesn't tempt me, the profile looks horrific. I still have eyes for the Revo, bt am waiting to see what they do abot a setpoint controller.
Exactly what I think. Apart from the setpoint controller. Keep that nasty electricity away from what keeps me alive, thank you very much.

I would be sorely tempted by the titanium cased Revo. It's lovely, small, weighs about as much as a packet of cornflakes and is so well made you want to drop to your knees in front of it and cry like a baby.

·
Sponsored by The Betty Ford Clinic and Prozac
4,501 Posts
OK so with the Revo now CCR is looking tempting... I like the look of the Pelagian as well. Along with the manual Meg and the KISS...

Time to learn to dive again methinks...

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
It is, by a fair bit!

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
So, I will see you all on the rEvo stand at the NEC then :D

Yep, I will be there too.

·
Tek & RB Instructor: fluent in 'Franglaise'
1,028 Posts
I will have my titanium rEvo on the Deep Blue Tech stand, along with an Ouroboros, Megalodon, KISS, Inspiration & Evolution.

We will be taking orders for all of these units and training dates.

We will be taking orders for the Sentinel and training thereon too.

An ideal opportunity to see all the mainstream CCRs in one place.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
I considered using a Submatix as a coffee table once - but the cups kept sliding off so I got an Ikea one instead. I now use the lid as a wastepaper basket. It's no good for that either - the paperclips keep falling through the sharks fin slots and onto the floor...

Reactions: Garf
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.