YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
 Hi can anyone suggest which  boyancy aid would be best for  a side mounted tank configuration.?
Fiona.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

A large, 'bag for life' from Waitrose, Tesco or other supplier of hard-wearing plastic-ware.

Is it Friday night already?  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have Dave, and still got one, that i use sometimes when needed

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

Rubber ring with the ducks head on the front...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daveking @ Mar. 06 2004,08:39)]anyone else ever dived with one?
Did my pool training with a Fenzy, then had a Spirotechnique Atlantic bought for me (thanks Mum & Dad!), then used a Buddy Arctic, which I've still got somewhere.

Took me ages before I would give up my Arctic & upgrade to a stab jacket.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daveking @ Mar. 06 2004,08:39)]i love ablj s
anyone else ever dived with one?
<font color='#F52887'>I learnt in one as did most of my friends, the club only had the money for BCDs in the last 2 years.

Personally I hated it, if you are a ladies with anything more than a couple of fried eggs on your chest they put the bouyancy in a very odd place about 1 foot infront of your head and bobbing on the surface is a very uncomfortable experience indeed (infact I nearly gave up, until tried a mates buddy and realised that diving wasn't meant to be that uncomfortable
 )

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Did one dive with one because someone kept complaining about the things, so I lent them my BCD. I won't be doing that again. They are a reasonable option if you need backup buoyancy to your drysuit for sidemounts though.

Personally I found a BCD with the camband removed worked fine, you can use the D-rings on something like the commando to hang the tanks off if they're rigged right. Or you can use a sidemount harness underneath.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

If you ever have the misfortune to dive with an ABLJ then:

a) Don't do the crotchstrap up tight.
b) If you do have a tight crotchstrap, don't inflate the ABLJ fully

I was singing soprano for a week.

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Troube is if you don't do the crotch strap up tight enough, you get you reg and mask removed at the earilest available opportunity. Good for a laugh, but not great when you're trying to look all in control!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts