YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>is it possble to get hold of the average numbers of replies/views that introductions from girls get as opposed to boys? i'd be interested to see if the difference is statistically significant! perhaps take into account date of birth for girls as well, i'm sure that has an effect

though having said that, looking back i only got seven replies when i introduced myself - and most of them were mary!  i think my mistake was talking about my new twinset - i should have said "i'm an innocent wide-eyed young girlie open water diver and i want all you men to show me the way" and watched the replies come pouring in!  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Purely co-incidental that the girls get more of a welcome. Just plain good manners really, sod the geezers lets treat the girls nice, they look better, smell nicer and dive better, well they use less air anyway.

Did I say hello when you joined? If not a belated one, welcome to the YD nut house.
YD - Yorkshire Divers, where you dont have to be Yorkshire to join in - see told you it was a nut house.

Matt

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Feb. 17 2004,16:33)]Did I say hello when you joined?
hmmm can't remember. i know bren did, but apart from that it ended up as just me and mary having a chat! i'm quite offended, seeing what a welcome the girls are getting these days....

oh hold on, i think you did - you were saying that that my boyfriend matt who mary was talking about wasn't you...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>no statistical analysis required!!

I got 7 or 8 replies when i said `hi`, oh well only jealous i suppose!!  

ATB
RC

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Awwwwwww... feeling neglected Kate

looks like you're suggesting that there's too much testosterone on YD and that we all go a bit ga-ga  when a female diver logs on, and... you're probably right

·
Registered
25 Posts
Imported post

HI I RECENTLY LOGGED ON AND ONLY GOT THREE REPLIES AND I AM 21 SINGLE LONG BLONDE HAIR FEMALE HAVE MITSUBISHI SHOGUN WITH SEVEN METRE HUMBER RHIB AND IM LOOKIN FOR ALL THESE GENTLEMEN TO TEACH ME HOW TO DIVE.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Aw honey you are just my type, let me be your guiding hand in this world of dodgy middle aged fat blokes with Southern accents. Did I mention my Grandpappy was a Jimmy and came down south many years ago but I still feel the Scots blood in my veins runs strong for you my wee young lassy.

Matt

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Looking at it at first glance it would appear that the girls attract a lot more attentioin. I certainly would have said it was the case.

But I've just had a quick look through the Introductions and the theory just doesn't hold.

There are plenty of women whose threads have not gone on and on like others. In fact, most seem much the same as the blokes. I think we're left with that impression because there have been one or two ladies introductions that have gone on and on, such as Sue's and now Sarah's. But I don't think the reason is simply that they're women. On both threads it's noticiable that they have chosen to reply to almost every post made, turning the thread into ongoing conversations. This seems very much a female trait which is why it doesn't tend to happen with the blokes, who just post a 'hello' and leave it.

Either that or we're just a buch of sad middle aged men desperate for a young girl's attention!  

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>ooh ooh nail head..nail head..nail head!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>well i'm neither young nor innocent.....but I got 15 replies! And Ocean Diver sounds much more exciting......

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Interesting, hey Kate or anyone else for that matter If I didn't get around to my official welcome my apologies:)

Difficult sometimes just to spot who's joined, the group as it just keeps growing in membership etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts