YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

BP, harness and wing

993 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 ·
Imported post

Having bought a 12 twinset and like it, I`ve decided to upgrade from my transpac II and trek wing to BP/harness and bigger wing.

I want a stainless steel BP, standard harness and a single bladder wing (bungeed or not) with a lift around 55-60lb

So, the question is, whats the best wing and where is the best (quality/service & price) place to get `em.

Also - anyone selling a set up
- would consider 2nd hand if the kit is in good cond.

See less See more
#2 ·
Imported post

check this plate out.  works out at £40.  then spend around £20 on webbing and hardware and youre good to go!Cheap Backplates!

#3 ·
Imported post

Hi Kirky,
I have one of the above plates and they are top notch, a mate works in the engineering trade and he says he could not make them for that price.

Safe diving,
Steve.

#4 ·
Imported post

Online scuba have got a used Buddy Redwing for £60. I reckon that's the cheapest wing you're going to get. It's got 22.5kgs of lift, and should do the job nicely for twin 12s.

I've given mine a load of abuse, plus some twins and sidemount action, and it's always performed.

Have a look at www.onlinescuba.co.uk I think, and it's in the used equipent section.

Hope this helps.

Digs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.