YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
bubble maker
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Anyone interested in making the numbers up for a trip out of brid this weekend. planning on sunday, not likely to be much more than 30m. on either, kimberley or providence. electric lift etc.
I've not used and abused the skipper before but the lds runs a few trips with them. optimistic i know but looking for 10. i've not been in the water for over a week and it's getting to me.

mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Brid!

Let me know if you are going another weekend day as can't make this weekend, but interested in trying Brid out. Cheers, Sheila

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
What does Tony (the skipper) say with regards to vis etc. From previous experience of Brid it seems a little early in the season, particularly given the rain over the last week or so.
Also what are you planning on getting out too ?

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
OK, Anyone interested in making the numbers up for a trip out of brid this weekend. planning on sunday, not likely to be much more than 30m. on either, kimberley or providence. electric lift etc.
I've not used and abused the skipper before but the lds runs a few trips with them. optimistic i know but looking for 10. i've not been in the water for over a week and it's getting to me.

mike
Sure if you can let me know the vis is better than 2m I can say a definite 2 of us maybe 3 are interested for sunday I'll confirm the 3rd tonight.

cheers steven

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all

Vis last weekend in Brid bay 1 to 2 metres (first dive), second dive slightly better with a touch of flood tide through..
We are at top of spring tides at the moment and forecast is moderate sou/westerleys for Sunday so you won't get too far offshore, basically I don't see the vis being much different to last weekend..

Regards Stuart

Ps If you get a team together it will be 'Kimberley' as 'Providence' has been lifted out of the water till Monday for maintenance...
(hope that helps)

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
Hello all

Vis last weekend in Brid bay 1 to 2 metres (first dive), second dive slightly better with a touch of flood tide through..
We are at top of spring tides at the moment and forecast is moderate sou/westerleys for Sunday so you won't get too far offshore, basically I don't see the vis being much different to last weekend..

Regards Stuart

Ps If you get a team together it will be 'Kimberley' as 'Providence' has been lifted out of the water till Monday for maintenance...
(hope that helps)
Thanks Stuart, what did you dive by the way?

ColinM

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Can I hijack the post slightly: I would be very interested in diving out of Brid, but as recent UK diving converts (quarries so far this year), we would want "easy" diving. Basically we'd be comfortable down to 20m, in viz of 2m+.

Is this available in Bridlington? Who is a good contact? Can you help?

Very sorry about the hijack, but it seems this maybe a thread with people contributing whom may be able to give advice...

Daniel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ay up everyone

Unfortunatly cant make this weekend but if your planning another trip in June let me know and me and my buddy may be interested depending on the date :)

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello all

Colin
The charter party dived on the 'Brabant' a good easy novice dive and 'Barmston Wk' another easy novice or second dive, this is what was asked for as for most it was there first dive of the year and/or novices..

Cheers Stuart

·
Registered
55 Posts
Daniel

Diving in 20m or less with vis 10m plus (mid Jun onwards) no problem, the best thing you could do is ring Tony on 07736 634050 and take it from there, I will be happy to answer any questions I can for you on this forum, if I don't answer straight away don't panic I'm just busy at the moment...

cheers Stuart

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Stuart,

Thank-you for taking the time to reply. Is 'Tony' a charter boat contact? I will ring this weekend sometime to have a chat if so, hopefully to arrange a date in June.

Daniel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Daniel
Sorry, yes Tony Pockley is the owner of the two Bridlington based charter boats 'Providence' and 'Kimberley'...I am one of the skippers of the above, my wife has taken the bookings this last 2/3 years but is not able to do so this year so its probably best to ring Tony for available dates, I know one of the Hull based shops has block booked a lot of dates but there are places at the moment on some of those trips..

Cheers Stuart

(The Hull shop is called Wet Dreams)

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
Would like one of the places for myself please, will give it a go at 1 - 2 mtrs viz, keen to get into the water.
Do we have a rough idea of times yet ?

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Would like one of the places for myself please, will give it a go at 1 - 2 mtrs viz, keen to get into the water.
Do we have a rough idea of times yet ?

Likewise I'm in for 2 places one for me and one for Mark2 (the third yet has to commit I'll be back in touch)

please can we have times soon and maybe an idea what we are diving?

cheers steven

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
i can do sunday.

pm me mike if its on.

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
markw can you contact mark2 and myself if anything comes of this I'm working all day and it all going to be last minute by the look of it!!!!

cheers steven

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
At 19.30 Sat evening I have to assume that as the original poster (Ibbo) has not replied to anyones request for places that this trip is not going to happen.
So its off to the pub then......................
Goodnight all......

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
At 19.30 Sat evening I have to assume that as the original poster (Ibbo) has not replied to anyones request for places that this trip is not going to happen.
So its off to the pub then......................
Goodnight all......

Its been blowing a hooly all day, the sea has been covered with white horses I am about 5 miles South from Brid.

Flattening off nicely now [email protected] 8.00 PM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts