YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And in particular Rob Lumb :thumbsup:

I’d been debating a nice piece of dive kit for a while and decided I really ought to have it before the Orkneys trip. I had a search on t’internet and only one place had it cheaper than Lumb Bros and there would most definitely be significantly more for postage. There was also now an anniversary edition but limited info so I gave Rob a call.

Rob instantly remembered me from LIDS (and a great deal I got there too :p) and we set about discussing dive kit. Thoroughly knowledgable and extremely helpful I settled on this new piece of shiny with a few extras and he offered me a great price, all in.

When I asked, concernedly, how soon he could get it to me he said “is tomorrow quick enough?” Bloody marvellous :angel: We then realised there was a postal strike due and he agreed to send it special delivery so I would at least get it Saturday.

I don’t know how he swung it but I received my lovely new kit at 7am this morning :D

Each of us like, and recommend, different kit and manufacturers and in this world of the internet and online shopping ( I do try to buy from my LDS too) the quality of known makes is pretty much guarenteed. What seperates the suppliers is customer service, including after sales care, and I wholeheartedly recommend Lumb Bros, especially for the ‘personal touch’

So give ordering direct from Lumb Bros a go and, while I’m at it, the customer service at Advanced Diving Products is outstanding and Dave even said I could call him from Scapa if I had any queries :teeth:

Of course I’m pretty much bankrupt now and if anyone’s looking to move to Berks ………. :rolleyes:

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Junior Manta reel with cave cam that I can't seem to fit :sad:
and some other shiny stainless steel bits :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.