YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>someone I know has bought a rebreather and I said I would try and see if there are any guys around the bristol area who he can meet up with. anyone help?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

You could try IDA71 on the boards,  don't know how often he checks the boards but you could PM and or Email him.  He is based in the Bristol area and dives on a RB.

HTH
Daz

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

If he has an Inspiration RB then their is a web site and forum for only Inspiration users. If he did have one then I am sure he would already know that and you would not have needed to volunteer to help. I'm shutting up now.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>thanks Finless, but he is a bit of a numpty (IMHO) and one of those guys who has to have the latest kit or gadget and I am trying to stop him killing himself. He is a friend of a friend, you wouldnt get me buying a RB! 1 - I cant afford it and, 2 - I would never get the full use of it with the sort of diving I do.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JohnDuncan @ July 31 2003,16:00)]thanks Finless, but he is a bit of a numpty (IMHO) and one of those guys who has to have the latest kit or gadget and I am trying to stop him killing himself. He is a friend of a friend, you wouldnt get me buying a RB! 1 - I cant afford it and, 2 - I would never get the full use of it with the sort of diving I do.
We are a more heartless bunch at our Club - a number of us have dibs on claiming the RBs depending on who ... erm ... has a PROBLEM first.

We have even made them promise to make sure the last thing they do is get to the surface - whatever the cost.

Rather unfairly, in my opinion, they call us nasty names and tell us to save up and buy our own. No manners some people.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Dear Finless
out of the 3 CCR divers in our club
A> I will never have a ...problem, if only to spite smartarses like yourself. You've got my old twinset - is that not enough? Your crummy FFM wouldn't work with it anyway.
B> There's already a long waiting list for Lee's and you're at the wrong end of it
C> You'll never get a grip on Brownie's - he has to dive it to be able to snuff it on it. I've got more hours in the Sea of Tranquility than he has in the Channel.

Get back to work
Rob

TTFN
Rob

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>check out www.divemonsters.org , its mainly a drager mod's site but will probably have a few bristol bods on it.

hth

regards

mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts