YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Lat nite  (or should I say at 3am this morning I felt the need to contact the emergency help line (as posted by Heads up)

In short I could not sleep due to a painful shoulder that had got progressively worse. I had considered all potential causes but for the life of me did not consider a bend (I did 2 dives on Sunday). After going thru the `oh sh1t` moment I called them.

The guy at the other end was superb - went thru the dives, time since last dive etc etc and although a bend was ruled out the chap was very helpful and did not seem at all perturbed at that time in the morning !!!

Its great to know that if needed, these folk are available so a public thanks from me.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Imported post

Glad to here you're ok Kirky mate!
Very Glad to know that they don't make you feel like a tW*T as I'm sure it must put some poeple off from asking questions about "those twingies"

As a novice it's not that I like to here about this stuff, I just think it's good for us to be open about it and not hide it as if you done something terrible... it's happened...lets educate and help others...that's what it's all about...

better to be cautious!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Ian
I had to take my boy to the pot earlier this year and they are great people, no attitude at all. They really want us in as early as possible, makes it possible that they can do a good job and repair any damage.
Dont hesitate, if in doubt - call them.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts