YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

People may be interested to know that the BHA do a Diver Help Card, which is a gold credit card type thing which you can present to the medical services in the event of an emergency, especially aimed at those doctors, medics, etc, who don't have specific knowledge of DCI treatment.

The card lists the emergency nos to call as well as the symptoms and treatment, of DCI, all for just one of your english pounds

who knows, it could save your life one day

If you're interested you can get one from the BHA web site.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bha/

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve

Thanks for the info re the BHA Diver Help card.  I think it's a great idea, and nipped over to their site to have a look.

I don't know if i missed it, but i can't find an address, o any details of where/how to get hold of one.

Can you shed any light on this please?

Thanks again

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Steve

That is a top link, just the information i have been looking for to go in a DO / DM information file / Incident file.

Its also a nice suplimentary card to go along with your BSAC membership one and the helpline on the back.

Cheers mate

Paul

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>Seems like a good idea but I can't for the life of me see how to order one....

I guess I could email the contacts but if anyone else has already ordered one maybe they can tell us how they did it.

Daz

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I guess to get a card you just contact their Chairman as it seems to be the only clear contact details on the site
Chee-az
Steve

Dr John Harrison
Murrayfield Hospital
Holmwood Drive
Thingwall
Wirral
L61 1AU Tel: +44 (0)151 648 8000
[email protected] <[email protected]>

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Hi All

I sent an e-mail to the Chairman, if and when I get a reply, I'll let you know.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks Carol and Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Guys

Have sent two emails, and both of them have come back as undeliverable.

Have been back to the site, and all 3 contact details give the same email address.  

So, tomorrow, will try and find an alternative BHA site, and let you know if have any luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

Ref the "Diver Help Card, which is a gold credit card type thing.."  I had one of these awhile back; think it came off a magazine cover or something..?  (didn't have to order it from anywhere)

Unfortunately, some thieving B**tud nicked my wallet, and it got lost in the process..!  

Not yet found a source to replace it, so if anyone turns up some info, would be interested...

Solent

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

All,

I have a shed load of said cards.  If you would like to forward a stamped addressed envelope to:

19 Auckland Avenue
Cottingham Road
Kingston upon Hull
HU6 7SE

I will forward one to you.

Only the first five hundred, please.

Kev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts