YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rEvolutionary HPDW'ing
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few friends are thinking of a drive up to Tynemouth this weekend, I have heard of the browns bay dive site and wreck and looked it up on the 'Deep Blue Diving' website. Its says best dived from may, does anyone forsee problems diving this weekend?

Andy

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Hi Andy

Cullercoats and Browns Bay are just across the river from me. The sea round here looks brown and lumpy at the moment - being next to rivers we also get all the wash out if it's been raining further upstream. I've never managed a shore dive round here until May. Others of course may disagree :)

Why not give Deep Blue a ring and ask them what the viz is like at Browns Bay? In the meantime, here's a Tynemouth Webcam . Also, a few more webcams here.

HTH

Helen xxx

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Viz

The viz is crap at the moment, we have cancelled our weekend dives at Browns Bay because of it.
Tony

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
Andy,

You could try Beadnell instead it's a bit further up the coast, but it's away from the rivers, here's a link

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
You could try Beadnell instead it's a bit further up the coast, but it's away from the rivers, here's a link
Ooh, I've done some cracking little dives off Beadnell, and at Howick too. Good idea Stesh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts