YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

Just to open myself up to all forms of abuse i thought i'd ask if anyone else is going to the BSAC DOC (Diving Officers Conference) this Sat.

Before people start i have been practicing my Pipe smoking techniques, Port drinking and lantern swinging.

I will be easy to recognise as like Finless i look like my Avtar and will be the best looking bloke there in a Canterbury Divers Polo Shirt (Black).

I can be found in the bar at lunch time Drinking Bud.

Dive Safe

Paul  

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul
With the website going down I missed your post.   I was there and would liked to have met even more new faces.

I really enjoyed the DOC, especially Michael Pitts talk about being a BBC underwater cameraman and working on the Blue Planet, etc.   And also David Doubilet's talk and underwater photographs.   Wow.   Just can't wait to go diving again.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

I was due to go, but recent problems meant it would have been unfair to spend the money on transport and entry etc.

However I did see Allan Bretherton at the Dive show to discuss a few issues. I wonder if anyone raised questions re acceptance of other diving quals in their own right and the subsequent changes to SDPs required.

Adrian

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Georgina

Yup, i thoroughly enjoyed both of those. I had met Reg Valentine last weekend and found his presentation excellant.

Adrian

I left before the Q & A session as i had a club function to go to. I was looking forward to that due to resent discussions elsewhere, and was disapointed not to be able to stay

Dive Safe

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts