YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello All,

Bren Tierney posted this up in "Information" a couple of days ago and we had a chat and thought it might be an idea to post here too.

This will be a trek for some so this should give plenty of planning time. I live in Luxembourg so for anyone planning to drive you could stop over in Lux as it's half way from Calais to the alps, where the course will be.

Dates at the moment are Feb 14-15 (Sat Sun).

If anyone is interested see contact details below or drop me a line and I'll coordinate......

For info on the site see:  www.taucherhof.de

It's at a place called Aitrang, but the website should help, but it's in German. When I get more info I'll post it up.

Bren's post:

"New BSAC SDC in Ice Diving. Pilot Course mid. Feb. 2004 Germany

Hallo,

would any BSAC members interested in participating in a new BSAC SDC in Ice Diving this Winter please contact me. This new 2-day SDC will suit Sports Divers or above and cover safe diving under ice. Generally at the planned location ice cover of 15-20 cm or so can be expected in February so that dives through an entry point in the ice surface could be carried out. Often there is excellent visibility.

The pilot course is planned to place at one or more alpine lakes near the German/Austrian border and will cover the theoretical and practical techniques required. Further details at a later date.

Iain Aitchison"

Iain can be contacted at:

[email protected]

Best regards.

Graham

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Imported post

Dear All,

Just got some more info. This course is also open to PADI and CMAS divers and as it's a speciality the qualification will stand on its own. Please see below:

Hallo Graham,
gernerally what we need is about a CMAS 2 Star level / Sports Diver which as I understand it would be Advanced OW on PADI. Before getting to this level the candidates would generally not have the experience to cope with the possible demands and/or understand all the issues involved. It is not necessary to be a BSAC member. Most SDC are open to non members too. The contents is aimed at BSAC members at sports diver and fits in with their understanding of diving, but at this level an ice diving course is similar across many training agencies and would be offered to divers at this sort of level. On the Basis of your PADI qualification you have enough to join in on this course. Any others should have as minimum Advanced OW on PADI or CMAS 2 Star level or BSAC Sports Diver. Hope this helps.
Iain

Let me or Iain know if you are interested.

Best rgards.

Graham/kinetic    

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

WAKE UP...everyone always complains of lack of notice...you have 6 weeks to recover from Xmas excess for this beauty...MOVE IT SOLDIER...

What an opportunity to do this...you're either daft, lazy or skint...ICE COURSE IN THE ALPS...

Graham....BUMP

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Thanks for the link...

I just wrote to Iain this second as I have not heard anything from him for some time and I wrote to him expressing my interest and that I would like to go.

I've not had confirmation from him yet regarding my place but I'll be well cheesed off if my name's not down after I'd written to him and asked if I could push the course on YDivers.

Anyway, we'll see.

Graham

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Graham,

Please keep us abreast of how things pan out on this gig - and especially any subsequent dive report mate! Good luck and dive safe.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

2 or 3 YDers may be on this trip, plenty of scope for fun.

Happily I am much more into Schnapps  (sp?) than sherry

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

Adrian....really appreciate your help...thanks so much for the emails etc.

Looks like all is a go for me for the course.

As I have said on many previous occassions, if there are any YDivers who need a stop over point Lux is 3-4 hours from Calais and 4-5 hours on to Aitrang. That is according to autoroute express so if you get your toe down it could be done in 4 hours.

Cheers for now.

Graham

·
Banned
71 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm interested too please! I have e-mailed Iain but would be grateful for any more info! Have car will travel! I'd be quite prepared to sort a minibus from the south if anyone was interested!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

Medusa,

It seems the trip is fully booked.

If I hear of any places cropping up I'll post up here....

Best regards.

Graham

1 - 11 of 11 Posts