YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Aside from the obvious "join a club", are there any online mechanisms for finding diving buddies. I have only just started diving, but intend to dive in the uk all year round, and want to find similarly minded (bloody minded) people in the south of england.

Are there any websites out there for this sort of thing?

Cheers all

Gareth

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Gareth mate,

Have a look at the 'Need a Buddy' section below. Input your details - a little about yourself, your dive experience, where dived, level etc. and post a date, venue and see who responds. Failing that, get your name on one or more of the Planned Trips (see below also) to hook up with other YD'ers for a dive.

Good luck and dive safe.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gareth,
            You could try YD for a start. There is a lot of newbies like yourself on here from down your direction and a load of experienced folk as well. Try posting that you're looking for an experienced buddy, keep it near the top and I'm sure someone will crop up. As long as you're clear about what you've done then they won't mind taking you in. Get quite a few dives in with them(prob. 20-30 at least) then you'll be able to start buddying up with people of your own level and above for a while.

HTH
Peter

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Check out Pilot divers. They dive mainly out of Selsea on Dive Eclips in the 10 to 30m range. They are always looking for new members to keep the boat full.

www.pilotdivers.com I think but could be .co.uk

Dan will be along in a moment to tell you

ATB

Mark Chase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts